Complete user delete

Complete user delete

by Peter Jonker -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, We have several sites where we delete users and have the GDPR settings set to automatically create removal requests and also create requests for manual deletions. All processes seem to be running and the status of the request is Deleted. However this user is still present in the mdl_user table.

My assumption would be that the user would be deleted entirely?
Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Jonker

Re: Complete user delete

by Michael Hawkins -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Hi Peter,

I think this forum post helps answer your question, in particular the paragraph below (I have underlined the part explaining the user table data):

"In regards the deletion of Data Requests, we deliberately do not remove deletion requests. These are kept to serve as a paper trail that the deletion was actually processed and this is allowed under GDPR. It falls under the basis of Legal Obligation as the record is required to prove that you received, and acted upon the request in accordance with the legislation. Related to this we do not anonymise all data in the user record because it is required to identify the user that the request has been processed for."
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Michael Hawkins

Re: Complete user delete

by Peter Jonker -
Hi Michael, that was very helpful and explains what we are seeing. Thanks very much!