Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

Barbara Lawrence - මගින්
Number of replies: 2

I am using Moodle version 3.9.4 and Questionnaire version 3.9.1.

I have an issue with a branching questionnaire,

My questionnaire has one parent question with two possible answers. Each branch has one child question.

Test 1

1. I choose option 1 in the parent question.

2. I answer the child question for option 1.

3. I go back to the parent question and change my answer to option 2.

4. I answer the child question for option 2, then submit.

Result: the responses to the parent question and the child question for option 2 are saved, but not the response to child question for option 1. This is what I would expect.

Test 2

1. I choose option 2 in the parent question.

2. I answer the child question for option 2.

3. I go back to the parent question and change my answer to option 1.

4. I answer the child question for option 1, then submit.

Result: the responses to the parent question and child questions for BOTH paths are saved. I expected to see only the response to option1's child question.

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -
In reply to Barbara Lawrence

Re: Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

Joseph Rézeau - මගින්
Core developers ගේ පින්තුරය Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Plugin developers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය Translators ගේ පින්තුරය

I am getting the reverse results if I follow your tests, but never mind, there is indeed a bug when navigating back and then forward in the branching scenario.

Not sure if it is worth reporting this bug. There is currently a long list of bug reports and pull requests on the Questionnaire github. Let's hope our friend Mike finds the time to fix those.

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -