Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

by Barbara Lawrence -
Number of replies: 2

I am using Moodle version 3.9.4 and Questionnaire version 3.9.1.

I have an issue with a branching questionnaire,

My questionnaire has one parent question with two possible answers. Each branch has one child question.

Test 1

1. I choose option 1 in the parent question.

2. I answer the child question for option 1.

3. I go back to the parent question and change my answer to option 2.

4. I answer the child question for option 2, then submit.

Result: the responses to the parent question and the child question for option 2 are saved, but not the response to child question for option 1. This is what I would expect.

Test 2

1. I choose option 2 in the parent question.

2. I answer the child question for option 2.

3. I go back to the parent question and change my answer to option 1.

4. I answer the child question for option 1, then submit.

Result: the responses to the parent question and child questions for BOTH paths are saved. I expected to see only the response to option1's child question.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Lawrence

Re: Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am getting the reverse results if I follow your tests, but never mind, there is indeed a bug when navigating back and then forward in the branching scenario.

Not sure if it is worth reporting this bug. There is currently a long list of bug reports and pull requests on the Questionnaire github. Let's hope our friend Mike finds the time to fix those.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Branching questionnaire saves response to original child question although answer to parent question changed

by Barbara Lawrence -

ok - thank you for looking at it Joseph.