Main column viewing issues for one user

Main column viewing issues for one user

by Lasse Eskildsen -
Number of replies: 2

I'm having issues with main column (course column) always ending up at the bottom of the page no matter which course I open up. The issue exists only for this one specific user on my Moodle platform, and it occurs in different browsers and on different PC's.

I hope you can help me out, as I have no clue why this is happening.

Version of Moodle 3.10.6

Best regards,

Lasse

Attachment Moodle 1.JPG
Attachment Moodle 2.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lasse Eskildsen

Re: Main column viewing issues for one user

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hej Lasse,

Using Classic theme, no exciting 3rd party plugins there, right? Have you tried the Boost theme, to see if it's theme related? Switching themes without your users noticing can be done by adding ?theme=boost (or &theme=boost, if it's there's already a ? in the URL) to the URL, provided you enabled this feature in Site admin > Appearance > Navigation, by ticking the box for allowing switching themes through the URL. This change only lasts as you have an active session.

And... have you checked to see if there's any custom CSS in the Apperance bit of Site admin that might be causing the fixed width of the content column?

Also, have you tried
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Ang: Re: Main column viewing issues for one user

by Lasse Eskildsen -
Hi Joost

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, classic theme and no 3rd party plugins. As you can see on the picture below, changing to boost theme does infact change the position of the content column. However, the blocks are now fixated on the bottom right and cant be moved either. It seems that this one specific user (teacher role) doesn't have three columns (left, center, right) and therefore everything is placed below each block in ALL his courses.

No custom CSS as far as I can see. The user does not have administration rights and is a novice in both Moodle and computers in general. The course looks perfectly fine for his co-teachers and for me as an administrator, which you can see on the second screenshot below.
Attachment Moodle 3.JPG
Attachment Moodle 4.JPG