Single lesson with inline questions and content

Single lesson with inline questions and content

by Paul Kronmeyer -
Number of replies: 3

I am new to Moodle and don't see how to create a lesson with content and embedded inline questions. For instance, I want to have a paragraph or two followed by a question and then another paragraph followed by another question. I don't want to have a few paragraphs and then have to select a content button to bring up the question. I want it all inline. Is that possible in Moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Kronmeyer

Re: Single lesson with inline questions and content

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What has your research found so far? (So people don't tell you what you already know)

by Bob Gilmore -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The lesson activity doesn't support this particular scenario. You can achieve it via the https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_embedquestion filter plugin. The only downside is that if you're planning to grade the lesson, the embedded quiz questions provided by the filter don't get included in the grade.

When I need this specific scenario (Graded lesson with embedded questions) I just use a quiz with lots of description pages providing the lesson content interspersed with quiz questions. Unfortunately, this scenario doesn't support the lesson Modules branching facility, but if your don't need branching lessons, it works well.

by Quintin Seegers -
I have done something similar using a Quiz with a Cloze-type question. This works well if you have several pieces of content with associated questions, and the student receives a mark once all is completed.

Here is an example of how the question is set up:

When the student views it, they see the following: