Adding tags to BadgeClass

Re: Adding tags to BadgeClass

by Matthew Driver -
Number of replies: 2
Thanks Tim, sure. The tag field in BadgeClass enables entry of a description of the type of achievement the badge represents, such as job skills. This enhances the metadata of the badge and improve its recognition for sharing of digital credentials. Perhaps put more simply, if, say, an employer was looking for someone with particular job skills then this would help.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matthew Driver

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Matthew!
Thanks for raising this interesting topic (and my apologies for the late reply).
The current implementation of OBv2.1 in Moodle doesn't support this "tags" field (well spotted!!!) so I've just created an issue in tracker to add it: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-73325
If you can propose a code solution, that will help others who may have the same need and will increase the chance of this improvement/feature coming about sooner. Otherwise, encouraging people to vote, comment and/or come up with a patch might help too wink
Kind regards!
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Matthew Driver -
Hi Sara! Thank you - I'll see if I can find anyone to help with code and in the meantime encourage voting and comments.