Badge for completing a sequence of classes?

Badge for completing a sequence of classes?

by Jeff Mierzejewski -
Number of replies: 2

I manage a 2-year online music education for a nonprofit.   A badge is awarded for completion of the each of the classes, and that works reasonably well.

There are breakpoints with credentialing at the 6 month, 1 year, and 2-year points.  I would REALLY like to automate this by awarding:

A badge for completing the introductory classes

A badge for completing the intermediate classes

A badge for completing the advanced classes

But the badge based on course completion and hit-and-miss, and besides, sometimes students are allowed to "test out" or skip a particular class.  Is there any way to award a site badge based on course completion badges?  Or some other way to show that students completed a particular set of classes?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Mierzejewski

Re: Badge for completing a sequence of classes?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can award site badges based on your chosen set of courses being completed (with or without the course completion badge being awarded) Does this help?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Badge for completing a sequence of classes?

by Jeff Mierzejewski -

I have done that, and I see site badges for completion of multiple courses being awarded - in 2018 and 2020.  It almost seems as if the users need to be enrolled in and completing the required courses at the same time.

Each course awards a badge, and quite a few users, based on course completion badges, are eligible for the site badges showing completion of the groups of courses. But the site badges are not being awarded.  (That is why I looked for a way to make the site badges dependent on the course completion badges instead, but it looks like site badges can't accommodate that.)

Can someone tell me how course completion is recorded?  Does that information disappear when someone is unenrolled at the end of a course?