Force Password change not prompting

Force Password change not prompting

by Tyson Parker -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, we have a Moodle instance that we are pulling out of hibernation after not much use. 

I've updated it to 3.11. 
It uses Microsoft LDAP for authentication for users. That works, I have new users, they can login with their windows passwords. They can change their passwords in Moodle. The change takes effect. So I know the Moodle and LDAP are talking. Other systems talking to LDAP see the new password (Zulip). 

The problem I have is that the password is no longer prompting to change? I can see in AD LDAP that they should change at next login. I can see in a Manage Engine report they have the flag set. 

In Force change password I have:

Force change password: Yes

Use standard page for changing password: Yes

Password format Plain Text

Password-change URL empty 

In LDAP apssword expiry settings I have 

Expiry: LDAP Server
Expiry warning maxPwdAge
expiry attribute: pwdlastset
grace logins: no

grace login attribute: empty

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyson Parker

Re: Force Password change not prompting

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have never been able to get that to work - in fact, if I have force password change in ldap, they can't log in at all. I also set the force password change in Moodle and that works well...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tyson Parker -
Interesting. I pulled up the archived moodle from Spring 2020, and logged in with a new user, immediately was prompted to change the password in Moodle.
The updated server is a clone of that server but updated to a higher version of Moodle. I looked through the LDAP plugin settings and they seam to match. However when I go to change the password there is an error updating password.

[EDIT] Super strange. I jumped back to the newer Moodle network, tried the same user, and now am prompted to change passwords. Tried this yesterday and couldn't get it to work...   

How do you make Moodle change it regardless of LDAP settings?
In reply to Tyson Parker

by jason liu -
i couldn't change the password in moodle over LDAPS. don't know why? LDAPs testing was successful.