Can't use Category Totals in Grade Calculation formulas

Can't use Category Totals in Grade Calculation formulas

by Blair F. -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Using Moodle 3.9.

I have a very complex gradebook and am trying to include Category Totals in some of my formulas. In some cases, created a single manual grade item to represent a category total. However, any formula referring to a category total ID doesn't work.

For example, I would like to create a single grade item for Module A. This would contain the Category total for Module A. So, my formula simply uses the ID I assigned to the Module A Category total. However, even though the total is 96.8, it shows as 100. In all cases were I use the ID I've assigned to a Category total, it shows as 100. So, is it not possible to use the Category totals in a formula? Do I have to enter the same calculation that was used to obtain the total in the first place? Thanks.

In reply to Blair F.

Re: Can't use Category Totals in Grade Calculation formulas

by Blair F. -
I thought I'd add a different example, so make this clearer.

In this very simple example there are 3 assignments, in an Assignments category. There's also a manual grade item at the top that I want to contain the totals of the Assignment category. As you can see, it just shows 100%, even thought the formula shows that it should be equal to the Assignments total.

In reply to Blair F.

Re: Can't use Category Totals in Grade Calculation formulas

by Blair F. -
UPDATE: I've discovered that this is only a problem when using NATURAL aggregation types. All other aggregation types work as expected.