Grouping and assign teachers

Grouping and assign teachers

by Kushan Rathnasekara -
Number of replies: 6

Dear Sir/Madam,

Appreciate your guidance to direct me on how to do the following in grouping?

I want to assign 2 teachers to a course and make a grouping of students for each teacher (group 1 and group 2). 

I want to assign teacher 1 for group 1 and teacher 2 for group 2. A teacher sharing a course with other teachers should be able to filter one's activities and grade book. so teacher 1 doesn't see the students from teacher 2 classes.

Even i tried to follow the documentation I couldn't do the following.

How do I assign a teacher to a group? (documentation says similar to assigning students i can assign teachers to a group. But when i use add/remove members i can only locate students. Teachers are not visible to select.)

How do I restrict a teacher to view only information about the groups that they are in?

Really appreciate your step by step guidance please.....

Thank you in advance.

Kushan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kushan Rathnasekara

Re: Grouping and assign teachers

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can't. Moodle works on the basis that a teacher in a course has complete access to the course. You would need to duplicate the course and give them one course each.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Kushan Rathnasekara -
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the feedback.

Pls assist me for the following.

In the moodle documentation (https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Groups_FAQ#How_do_I_assign_a_teacher_to_a_group.3F_Can_a_teacher_be_in_more_than_one_group.3F)

it says the following

How do I assign a teacher to a group? Can a teacher be in more than one group?
You can assign a teacher to a group in exactly the same way that you assign a student to a group.

How do I restrict a teacher to view only information about the groups that they are in?
For Separate Groups mode, the capability moodle/site:accessallgroups may be used to restrict access to all groups in a particular context. If this capability is removed from the teacher role (either within a course or globally if appropriate) then they will only see the students they teach when accessing the gradebook for example.

To do this for all teachers globally:

Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles
Select the editing teacher role;
Click to edit the role
Click the Show advanced button
Type in the search box accessallgroups
When it appears, click Prevent
To do this within a course:

Course administration > Users > Permissions
Type accessallgroups into the filter
Click the X to remove from the editing teacher (Teacher) role.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Interesting... well, you answered your own question.

I would want to test that very carefully.

by Kushan Rathnasekara -
Dear All,

Pls assist me on how to add teacher to a particular group ? I can only see students when i try to add group members...

by Howard Miller -
Are you sure your teachers are enrolled in the course?

by Kushan Rathnasekara -

Dear Sir,

It is sorted out. My fault. There was an issue when assigning the teachers. Now its ok.

Thank you so much for the guidance.

Kushan