Moodle Workplace URL

Moodle Workplace URL

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 4

I am very interestedin the multi-tenancy feature in Moodle Workplace and had a question about the URL for courses. Will different tenants still come to the 1 existing URL for the site, or how do they get to their own unique tenancy page. Is their tenant page a sub-domain of the main site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: Moodle Workplace URL

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Whitney,

The Moodle workplace platform is one platform, so it will always be one URL and you cannot change it or set it up for multiple domains or sub-domains. Each section/tenancy will just have and ID and that will be in the URL/link to that section.
In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Emilio Lozano -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Whitney,

Each tenant has its own login and signup page, and you can point subdomains to them. Once the user has logged in, the URL is the same for all tenants.

You can find more information about our Multi-tenancy feature in our documentation page: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Multi-tenancy

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Emilio

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Nick Wind-McJetters -

Hi Whitney. 

As a reminder, Moodle Workplace is only available through Moodle partners only. If you would like, I would be happy to set you up with your own Moodle Workplace site through Moodle US for testing purposes so you can try out the Multi-tenancy feature and get started. Let us know how we can help! 

Cheers,

Nick 

In reply to Nick Wind-McJetters

by Whitney Lowe -
Thanks for the input everyone and that is very helpful. I am actually already a customer of Moodle U.S., so can check it out further with them if I decide to pursue this.