Struggling to start using Moddle

Struggling to start using Moddle

by Linda Ward -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there, 

I have started using Moodle to create courses as it got good reviews, I am signed up to MoodleCloud on the free trial. 

I created a very simple course earlier this week, or I thought I had. I created text for a 'lesson' and then a quiz, with four questions. These all show in the logs. I have come back today to 'test' it, and it is telling me that I haven't created a lesson yet, I do not know why the text I put in as a lesson is not showing, and when I tried to click the quiz, it says none have been created yet - but it shows in the log I created questions. I can't even recreate the place I put the questions in.

I read the 'read this first' post, and I don't even understand what I am being asked to supply, where do I find the moodle version for instance? So I don't want to rewrite everything to lose it again, I guess I am asking, is Moodle just a steep learning curve to use? Or am I being really thick. sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda Ward

Re: Struggling to start using Moddle

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Sorry to hear there are some issues with the site. Try asking these questions in the Moodle Cloud forum as you may get some answers there. If you include some screenshots showing the log that shows that questions were created, and the empty quiz that shows now this might help get an answer. Hide or obscure anything in the screenshots that you don't want to share on the Internet.

In reply to Linda Ward

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Linda, are you sure it was MoodleCloud and not the sandbox you've been using to create lesson?
In reply to Usman Asar

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Linda. I agree with Usman- can you share the web address of the Moodle site you are working on?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Linda Ward -
Hello sorry for long delay getting back.

https://dogwalkertraining.moodlecloud.com

It's taken me about 15 mins just to log into here and then the account. I think this is the link. I tried again setting up a test quiz with some quite cheeky answers as I was a bit tesnse at the time, I am just about to go back and see if they disappeared again.

Thanks to all who have replied.
In reply to Linda Ward

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Linda. I see your site is a MoodleCloud site - have you looked at the Moodle Teaching Basics and Moodle Admin Basics courses available on the site Learn.Moodle.org? They are designed specially for MoodleCloud users and amongst other things, in the Moodle Teaching Basics course you learn how to set up your course and create quizzes.
Note that unfortunately you need to create a new account on the site Learn Moodle.org as it is a separate site from this site and your MoodleCloud site. (You can use the same details fore all three sites, but  have to create the three accounts separately.)