Help Changing Theme

Help Changing Theme

by Nathanael Khai -
Number of replies: 4

I installed Moodle from cPanel and I saw the plain Moodle. The classic one i think. I wanted to change the theme to Adaptable theme so I downloaded the theme. When I uploaded the theme from plugin. It gave me system check which I don't know how to change it

I installed moodle in to Subdomain. like class.school.com. where school.com is main domain. class. is subdomain.

problem is attached below. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathanael Khai

Re: Help Changing Theme

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
One thing to consider is installing Moodle from scratch. Some cPanel tools don't work.

Don't know, maybe this discussion will be helpful, along with my video for a VPS.  I am just a Moodle user, and not a moodle support person.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Nathanael Khai -
Do you know any other way to install moodle? VPS is too expensive. or dedicated server.

by Jez H -
If you are just wanting to test / experiment / setup a basic development environment you can use the Bitnami installer to load Moodle onto your PC:
https://bitnami.com/stack/moodle

If you are wanting to choose hosting for teaching students then you have to give careful consideration to your future requirements in terms of scalability, which really means looking at cloud solutions which are not going to be cheap.

If your intention is to teach (as opposed to develop / experiment) then your best option / starting point would be to accept the limitations (not being able to install plugins) of Moodle Cloud:

https://moodle.com/moodlecloud/

by Jez H -
Hi Nathanael,

The screens you see are standard upgrade screens / checks and nothing to do with the theme.
To activate the theme you need to go to the "theme selector" in the admin section to activate it.

Regards the warnings you see, if your system is a test system you are experimenting with and it works then you could just ignore them.

The most serious seems to be the database version (highlighted in red).

If you are using Cpanel on shared hosting you will have limited ability to change the environment which is what those errors pertain to.

Also, shared hosting wont work for anything but the smallest Moodle sites.

Moodle is a large complex application which will require a lot more resources if you plan to scale up its use.