ATTO and Plain use same time with mulitiple pages.

ATTO and Plain use same time with mulitiple pages.

by Nilesh Pathade -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all 

Need a small help 

I want to use pain text editor on specify moodle page ( course create and course edit page) and rest of all page default want to see ATTO editor
Can it possible. ?

If enable all three and want to use for course create and edit page Plain text area and other rest as default ATTO. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nilesh Pathade

Re: ATTO and Plain use same time with mulitiple pages.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I don't think it can be done in standard Moodle.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In Profile | Preferences, you can pick your preferred editor, and you can switch at any time. However, I don't know of any way to designate an editor for difference kinds of activities or resources. As Marcus is implying, you might need to do some custom editing of your theme or Moodle code to achieve what you desire.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Nilesh Pathade -
Above images showing editor list which I make all enabled it.
But actually, we can use in Moodle only one editor, which is on first preferences.

Does it makes senses remaining two editor enabled ?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
It might be a personal choice. In the Moodle that I manage, I make ATTO the default but leave the other two available to students, if they wish to change. However, I doubt that most students would ever want to switch. ATTO is fine. Maybe a student who is studying computer science might want to change. Very very seldom do I switch.

If I really wanted to, I could query the Moodle database and see which editor students are using. But haven't found the need. I don't have any complaints from students about the editor. It just seems to work.