Moodle Activity competition hides other activities on view

Moodle Activity competition hides other activities on view

by Seth Merle -
Number of replies: 3

When I turn on activity completion on an activity on my course header. After someone views that activity by clicking on the doc with activity completion tuned on.

It goes from this

to this

The list of activities seems to disappear within that block. If you go back to the course page they show back up. If you turn off activity completion everything seems to work fine. This also only seems to happen in the top header of the course and not in the sections of the course.

Here is the settings in the activity completion section. This isn't dire but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to what could be causing this.

Using Moodle 3.11.2 

Linux centos 7 install

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Seth Merle

Re: Moodle Activity competition hides other activities on view

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What theme is that? If not Boost, try again with the Boost theme.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Can't say what theme that is (looks like Boost judging by the button styles), but the course format looks like format_tiles. Updating that course format to latest version may help solve the issue. Testing this course in regular Topics format may help you identify possible causes as well. If the course format happens to be the cause, that's were to look for solutions as well.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Seth Merle -
Thanks Joost,

I updated the tiles_format plugin and that removed the disappearing error.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)