Hi,

We are using cohort with bulk upload users based on category ---

Is there away to put enrollment expiry?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Haris Mateen

Re: User enrollment expiry via cohort

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

If you are using Cohort enrolment in the course, then the answer is no. The upload method can add a user to a cohort, but the Cohort sync enrolment method does not have any time periods for duration or expiration. As long as a user is a member of the cohort, they will be enroled in the course.

If you are using Manual enrolment in the course, and are also adding users to Cohorts incidentally in the upload file, then the answer is yes. However, you then must specific each course in which the user is to be enroled, using the course1 column. As the documenation notes, the upload file only handles manual enrolments.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Haris Mateen -
Thanks alot Randy for your prompt reply, i really appreciate.

I am currently doing bulk enrollment users via Cohort. I understand that i cant put the expiry if i just follow the cohort.
Is there a way to bulk update the users where we removed the cohort? so users wont be having access anymore on that cohort?

Also, is there a way to export the short name of all of the courses?

Many thanks
In reply to Haris Mateen

by Randy Thornton -
One way to do this is to:

1) First enrol all the users in a Cohort again in each course with a Manual enrolment so now they have two enrolment methods
2) Then it is safe to remove them from the Cohort without interrupting their enrolment: it will leave them with only the Manual enrolment
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Haris Mateen -
Hi Randy,

Is there away to put Enrollment End date also?

something like this,
screenshot: https://prnt.sc/1swmphz
In reply to Haris Mateen

by Randy Thornton -
No, as the documentation says, you can only set the enrolment duration in the upload file. This is because the Manual enrolment method has no end date option.