Can we remove or disable Safe Exam Browser in quizzes?

Can we remove or disable Safe Exam Browser in quizzes?

by Ross Manson -
Number of replies: 2
Hello We are in the process of upgrading from Moodle 3.5 to Moodle 3.9. The Safe Exam Browser does not suit our context. Is there a way to remove or disable it in our Moodle instance? Background As a large K-12 distance education school, our cohort is widely dispersed and in a wide variety of circumstances. A large proportion of our students are in other public schools using a locked down SOE. Installing software is not an option for them. In addition, we have students with learning and/or health difficulties that necessitate simplified processes. The install and configure procees for using the SEB adds an unnecessary layer of complexity. I understand that we can set up a business process to instruct teachers not to use the SEB when creating a quiz, but just like our student cohort, our teachers have a wide variety of experiences, views and skill levels that do not always align with support and sustainability implications. Put simply, we don't have a need for the SEB, we see some pitfalls in keeping it visible, and we're keen to remove the option to use it. I can't see a way of disabling it in the Admin defaults for quiz. I can hide the option in the quiz settings globally using CSS, but that's a hack that doesn't prevent the possibility (albeit unlikely) of an imported quiz bringing the SEB settings into a course.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ross Manson

Re: Can we remove or disable Safe Exam Browser in quizzes?

by Marco Lehre -
Picture of Testers

There is no way to remove the Safe Exam Browser settings but you can disable SEB for the role Teacher. Just disallow the capability Change SEB quiz setting: Require Safe Exam Browser quizaccess/seb:manage_seb_requiresafeexambrowser

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Marco Lehre

Re: Can we remove or disable Safe Exam Browser in quizzes?

by Ross Manson -
Thanks Marco. Worked a treat.