Add Custom field to "Add Course email notification"

by Rémi Chaussenot -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to Moodle and discover the tool little by little.

I manage a quite big moodle instance (11 schools and thousands of teachers).

Right now, we receive an email everytime a course is requested like :

"The user XXX XXX requested a new course on https://mymoodle.fr/course/pending.php"

I would like to add a note, which specify the School, as we manage only the course from our school.

Is there an easy way to that ?

Like, adding a checkbox when creating a course with all the schools, and having in the email title someting like "[SCHOOL] Request for course creation" ?

Or adding a fiels in the profile, where people can declare their school and it is added to the email we receive ?

Thanks !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rémi Chaussenot

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
One thought is to create a Questionnaire (instead of them clicking on the request a course button). Another option (which is what I've done on my site to help me with something like this) was to change the language strings on the page where the teachers fill out the information:

core – moodle.php – core - courserequestsupport
from: Supporting information to help the administrator evaluate this request.
to: ...Whatever you want to ask... such as "What School is this for, and supply any additional supporting information..."

Now, you are not 'adding' anything new with this method, but at least you can remind them to note the school without drastic change to your system. Whatever is typed here does end up becoming the "Course Description" so you do want to delete it out when you approve the course. Just thought I'd share.