Private Videos can download in my Moodle. How to prevent it? Help Me

Private Videos can download in my Moodle. How to prevent it? Help Me

by Geeth Kavinda -
Number of replies: 4

Dear Sir/ Madam, Im new to Moodle  I am in a issue in my Moodle. I embered a Vimeo private video to my Moodle website but people who using Y2mate opera extension can directly download it. 

is there is any solution for preventing This.... Please Help Me 

Moodle Version  3.10.1+

Attachment Screenshot 2021-09vefv-09 051322.png
Attachment Untitledyjuy.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geeth Kavinda

Re: Private Videos can download in my Moodle. How to prevent it? Help Me

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
This is not a Moodle problem. In Vimeo settings, you can tick a box to prevent video downloads.

From Vimeo’s help docs…

If you’d rather not have your videos be available for download, you can disable the option. Under Privacy Settings, we let our members specify whether they want to allow downloading. If you have disabled downloading, viewers won’t see the "Download" button on the video page.

You can disable downloads of your video by navigating to the video, selecting the Privacy option on the right side, and toggle off the Allow download switch at the top of the panel. The setting will automatically save.

To disable downloads of all your videos, go to the Upload defaults tab of your account settings, uncheck the box next to "Download them" (under the "What can people do with your videos?" heading), check the box next to "Also apply to existing videos," and then hit the "Save" button.

For added protection against downloading, we also recommend enabling one of our privacy settings, such as protecting the video with a password or restricting embedding to specific sites (a feature available exclusively Vimeo Plus members and higher).
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Rick Jerz -
The Y2mate software seems to get around Vimeo's ability to not allow downloads. There are many utilities that bypass video-server features. The bottom line is "you can try, but you cannot prevent a knowledgeable student from downloading videos." The are many ways to capture videos.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Jon Bolton -
So still not a problem with Moodle 😝
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Rick Jerz -
Correct, Jon. One solution is to tell students that they cannot add Y2mate software onto their computers. 🤔