Adding pre-existing uncategorized questions to a question bank category

Adding pre-existing uncategorized questions to a question bank category

by Todd W. Roat -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone.  I must be missing something obvious but cant figure out how to add pre-existing uncategorized questions to a question bank category.  I have a course with several topic sections, so its:

Course:  Paramedic Refresher

Section 1: Airway
       Section 1 topic 1
       Section 1  topic 1 quiz (H5P)
       Section 1 topic 2
       Section 1  topic 2 quiz
       (etc)
Section 2: Cardiac
       Section 2 topic 1
       Section 2  topic 1 quiz
       Section 2 topic 2
       Section 2  topic 2 quiz

Quiz category 1

In Settings > More > Categories the drop down for Section 1 Airway shows all the questions.  The drop down for Section 2 Cardiac shows no question even though they exist in the actual course.   How can I get the questions from the section 2 cardiac quiz to appear in, and be associated with, the cardiac category. Or, how the heck do I get to work for the Airway section1?  🙃

Quiz 2

Quiz 3

Many  thanks for any info and patience.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd W. Roat

Re: Adding pre-existing uncategorized questions to a question bank category

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Within the Question bank view, at the bottom of the page is the button Move To>>  from there you should be able to select an existing category within the same question bank (quiz/course).

If I need to move question(s) to another question bank (quiz/course) I move it to the system default and access the system default question bank and move it to the 2nd quiz/course question bank.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Todd W. Roat -
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for delayed response. The issue I am having is that the only questions that will appear in Question Bank View (where the Move options are) is the Airway Management ones. None of the other questions from all the other course sections in the course appear in question bank view anywhere. Kind of wierd.
In reply to Todd W. Roat

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Are they in a different category? If so, you need to select the category within the Question Bank - looking at your image - the Select a category area has up and down arrows.....which would indicate multiple categories within your question bank.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Todd W. Roat -
Thanks for he reply Shirley.
The drop down shows no other categories, In fact, when I first crated this course and, to being new to Moodle, I didn't create any categories at all (intentionally). I created a section of educational content, then added some quiz questions, added another section, added more questions, etc. I never even put the first section (Airway management) questions in a category. Yet they are the only ones that appear as if they were in a category. If that make sense.  I dont even know how the Airway Management Category was initially created.  Maybe thats part of the problem.

Question bank categories 3
In reply to Todd W. Roat

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Interesting - you can rename the Airway Management category if you wish.
You can also create new category and move specific questions as needed.

Can you provide the category view for Cardia emergencies - The hierarchy might be helpful.
Kind Regards
The question bank is changing in 4.0 which is just around the corner -