Dataset options not available in calculated question

Dataset options not available in calculated question

by Kim Weiss -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to create a calculated question with two variables, e.g., {A}-{B}. I want both A and B to be integers and I don't want the answer to be less than 0, so I want to define a range of values for each of the variables.

Everything I've read (including https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Calculated_question_type) says that after I set up the initial question, I should be given the opportunity to create datasets for the variables, I've tried both the "Calculated" question type and the "Calculated simple" question type, but I am never given the option to create the datasets. It simply saves the question and uses a random value for each of the wildcards.

No existing datasets exist in any of the question categories in the course.

Alternatively, it would be fine if I can set up the question to accept "0" as a correct answer if A is less than B or the result of {A}-{B} if the result is greater than 0.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Weiss

Re: Dataset options not available in calculated question

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Use the Formulas question type for a general purpose, simple to use, scientific question type including simple maths.
Use the Stack question type for more advanced mathematics.