Sound files in a quiz (problem)

Sound files in a quiz (problem)

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 1

Salam Alykom,

I have the same quiz in two Moodles. One Moodle is OK (I see the word, when clickedI hear the pronunciation).

The second is problematic: I don't see the word. I see the player. Also, the length of the player disturbs the page! (How can I shorten it?)

Here is the html code of one word:

<td width="189" valign="bottom" style="width: 142pt; border-style: none solid solid; border-right-color: windowtext; border-bottom-color: windowtext; border-left-color: windowtext; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; border-left-width: 1pt; padding: 5.75pt;"

uaydrypw="width: 142pt; border-style: none solid solid; border-right-color: windowtext; border-bottom-color: windowtext; border-left-color: windowtext; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; border-left-width: 1pt; padding: 5.75pt;">

<p class="MsoNormal" style="direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed;" uaydrypw="direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed;"><span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: 'comic sans ms';" uaydrypw="font-family: 'comic sans ms';"><a href="http://media.merriam-webster.com/soundc11/u/useful01.wav" uailfdtuw="true" uauwckqi="15" uansbkghitespace="normal" uacqunwyaineheight="22.5px" aria-label="useful, קובץ שמע " andiaccliknssound="sound">useful</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</td>

Two images are attached.

Attachment ‏‏לכידה1.PNG
Attachment ‏‏לכידה2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: Sound files in a quiz (problem)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Display of media files is handled by the Moodle media filter, so this is not really a quiz issue.

Do you see the same problem if you put the link in a forum post? That would be a useful test.

Also, is the filter configuration the same on both Moodle sites?