Alternative Country Ranking of Moodle Sites Worldwide

Alternative Country Ranking of Moodle Sites Worldwide

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I was doing a bit of research using one of my favorite web tools, wappalyzer. And the ranking by country of Moodle sites worldwide is quite interesting compared to Moodle's own. Look who sneaked into #2 place!

Wappalyzer:

Moodle:

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Justin Hunt

Re: Alternative Country Ranking of Moodle Sites Worldwide

by Eric Hagley -
As there are only 193 countries included in the UN I wonder how they get 243. Add the region of Taiwan and then maybe Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland then the Holy See and the State of Palestine but 243? How is that?
Interesting stat on #2 you have pulled up there too Justin (and g'day to you too - long time between drinks!).
Anyways, just another thing that makes you go "hmmmm?"
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The countries are based on the ISO standard. You can see them here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_3166_country_codes#Current_ISO_3166_country_codes
Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Eric Hagley -
Wow! And there are 249! So Moodle has yet to be registered in 6 of those - we need an infiltration unit. I did not know about this so thank you Marcus.
Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (2)
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Which 6? And... is there a viable internet connection in these countries? Is it safe to volunteer for such a unit, or would that become a Mission: Impossible type scenario?
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Justin,

Very interesting. I have notice a lot of people from Iran active on the forums over the last year or so. Really good to see that.

Did you do one for languages? I'd be curious to see any skew towards English in countries where it is not the standard language.
Average of ratings: Very cool (2)