Quiz 'feedback' messages not translated into French

Quiz 'feedback' messages not translated into French

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've already pointed to missing French translations (possibly other languages too) in the French interface for the mobile app.

Here's an example for the quiz interface. Some messages are correctly translated into French, others are not.

Showing complete translation of messages in the Website

Showing the un-translated messages in the Mobile App

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Quiz 'feedback' messages not translated into French

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
BUMP. Anyone noticed this bug in other languages?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Joseph!

This problem is in the whole app, some strings come from Moodle website. That means that when communicating with the Moodle server, the webservices answer with those strings. The webservices don't know nothing about the language of the app, so they answer in the language that is configured by the user on the website.

Please check if I'm correct. If that's the reason, there's no current solution for that, you can open a new issue on the tracker to request matching app language with website language.
If after checking, you think there's another reason, we should investigate it so please, add more information to reproduce it.

Thanks!
In reply to Pau Ferrer Ocaña

by Joseph Rézeau -
@Pau,
You wrote "The webservices don't know nothing about the language of the app, so they answer in the language that is configured by the user on the website."
I'm not sure what this means.