Missing Backup Database Tables!

Missing Backup Database Tables!

by Steven Singer -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

I hope someone could offer some advice. When I try to set course backup Moodle doesn't succeed and gives me the message:

Error: An error occurred deleting old backup data

This is covered in the FAQ which tells me to:

• Delete old records from "backup_ids" table: Check the table exists, repair it and try again.
  • Delete old records from "backup_files" table: Check the table exists, repair it and try again.

Unfortunately I have gone into the database and found that these two tables are missing! thoughtful

I have mdl_backup_config, mdl_backup_courses, mdl_backup_log only.

Am I missing anything else? How do I safely get the backup working again?

All other functionality seems to be fine apart from this glitch.

Any help would be much appreciated!smile

Many thanks

Steve Singer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Singer

Re: Missing Backup Database Tables!

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Steve,

which DB are you using, MySQL, PostgreSQL...?

And which Moodle version? Is it a directly installed version or have you upgraded from a previous one?

If upgraded, did you see any error in the process?

Those tables are recreated when upgrading from Moodle 1.5 to Moodle 1.6 and the process should work fine.

Could you send a bit more of info?

TIA and ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Steven Singer -
Hi Eloy

Thank you for responding.

I am using MySQL 4.1.16 and Moodle 1.52. I hadn't planned to upgrade to 1.6 for a while as I think I would have to upgrade MySQL beforehand. I had 1.4 before and upgraded from there. I didn't notice any problems on install. Somehow these 2 tables have dropped from the database.

Would the 1.53+ upgrade make any difference at all from 1.52?

Would I have to build the tables manually if all else fails?

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
In reply to Steven Singer

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Steven,

really strange, because the recreation of that tables is present only in the upgrade to Moodle 1.6! So I have no idea about how they have disappeared!

Anyway, yes, you should create them manually, because upgrading to 1.5.3+ won't help with that.

Yo should go to the backup/db/mysql.sql file under your moodle server and copy the corresponding CREATE TABLE statements for your missing tables. About this be careful because you'll have to replace the "prefix" word with the prefix that your site has defined for its tables (it's in the config.php file).

And that's all. Hope it helps...ciao smile

by Steven Singer -

Hi Eloy

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.smile

I will rebuild the tables from the sql file and take it from there. I had another look at the 1.6 upgrade specs after your first response and it looks as though I shouldn't have a problem with the version of mysql and php I am running which is a relief.thoughtful

Cheers

Steve

by alaa alkmaly -

Hi All,

i am trying to upgradingfrom 1.9 to 2.1but i get this error any help ?

Thanks

Alaa