Almost reached disk quota

Almost reached disk quota

by Madelyne de Bruin -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Received the following from cPanel: 

The user “xxx” (xxxxxxxxxx) has almost reached their disk quota. The account currently uses 7.96 GB of disk capacity. The account currently uses 84.41% (253,218/300,000) of its available files.

Upgrading to a bigger hosting package did not help, I need to delete unnecessary files. I don't have any experience with cPanel and scared that i'll delete important files.

Attached is a screen shot of my backup folder in cPanel. Am I correct to say that the last 6 folders is exactly the same backups, but just on different dates? Will it be safe to delete the first 5 and just keep today's backup folder?

Attachment Capture2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Madelyne de Bruin

Re: Almost reached disk quota

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
On my VPS, when I setup up "users" using WHM, I must allocate disk space for each (cPanel) user. Perhaps your server has only allocated 10GB for this particular user. I have no idea what kind of server you are using. Your post made me think about sharing one idea.
In reply to Madelyne de Bruin

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Howard is 100% correct.  However, running out space would affect moodle so it's in that context for this response.

First, I don't use cPanel, but is there something in cPanel that is doing auto DB dumps (the sql files) and backups (the tar files - site).   If so, can it be scheduled to do/keep only the most recent - once a week?

IF you can't see that option in cPanel, ask your provider for assistance.

Also, do you have autobackup in Moodle turned on?   Depending upon settings there multiple course backups could be taking up space.   There too one really only needs the most recent ... and not 4 or 5 from the past.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Madelyne de Bruin -
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me, realise this might not completely be a Moodle question.

Yes, auto backup of courses in Moodle itself is turned on and it is suppose to keep 1 copy and delete past copies. Was also thinking this might take a lot of space. Checked settings in Moodle site administration and it looks in order.

I also have a personal backup plan (paid) on the Moodle site with my hosting provider, thinking that maybe that is the reason for all the sql and tar files as you mentioned. I'll contact them and ask them to keep only one copy.