Embedding H5P into a Moodle page

Embedding H5P into a Moodle page

by Graham Sandersfield -
Number of replies: 2

I have just upgraded to Moodle 3.11 from 3.3 assuming I would now easily be able to embed H5P content into a page or lesson but really struggling - tried everything I can think of.  I created content as an H5P activity but cannot see a way of using that (previously a short code) - [h5p id="name"].  I tried recreating the activity in Content Bank which seems very straightforward - then using Atto tool to drop in the content on the page. But now getting an error...see attached image

Thought it maybe something to do with 'Display H5P' setting but cannot figure out what the URL should look like - the examples given do not help me.

Any help hugely appreciated!!

Attachment DFF9385A-D9E5-4C77-8C58-A05D09D25ED3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Sandersfield

Re: Embedding H5P into a Moodle page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Graham,

As you've found, it's not possible to drag and drop from the content bank into a page. Instead, you need to click the H5P button in Atto, then click 'Browse repositories'. You can then browse the Content bank repository and select your H5P file. (Note that the Content bank repository is not the same as the Content bank where you can create H5P content!)

For more information on H5P in Moodle, please see the documentation H5P.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Embedding H5P into a Moodle page

by Graham Sandersfield -

Hi Helen

Fabulous answer… thank you so much - I watched video on the H5P and slowly starts to make sense.  I can now get an embed code on a stealth activity also.  Thanks!!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)