CurrikiStudio as an option to publish H5P to Moodle

CurrikiStudio as an option to publish H5P to Moodle

by Leonardo Cunha -
Number of replies: 3

As a non-profit, Curriki has been working diligently over the last two years to develop a free and open, independent and embedable content authoring suite that leverages H5P, LTI and xAPI. Our goal is to make it easy to author, distribute and deliver active learning experiences.

As a long-time fan of Moodle and H5P, we are at point where we are ready to start a much deeper integration to Moodle, especially by using LTI 1.3/Advantage.

I would like to begin a discussion to evaluate the merits and shortcomings of this new suite within the context of the needs of both Moodle authors, as well as Moodle developers.

A long-time fan and admirer,

Leo Cunha
CTO, Curriki.org

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leonardo Cunha

Re: CurrikiStudio as an option to publish H5P to Moodle

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That seems to be an interesting option if you can host another server or pay for it.

The LUMI app (https://lumi.education/ ) can also be used for making and editing H5P modules.

It is also free, open source, and you can download an app for PC, Mac or Linux and run it in your own device, without installing or paying for a server. Plus, it has a great multi-language support for the names and descriptions of all H5P modules.
In reply to Leonardo Cunha

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Leonardo,

I am not sure I understand the intent of your message above and am not sure what response you are wanting. This forum deals mostly with the two current implementations of H5P available in Moodle as well and using H5P as an LTI consumer. It mostly involves user problems with those methods. If you are providing a source for H5P materials, this may the right place.

Developers that work on those implementations often respond in this forum to problems, but if you with details of setting up a new integration, there may be more developers interested in the General development forum or in LTI forum. It might also help to create a tracker issue if you want attention from the core development team. Moodle HQ is interested in Open Educational Resources as is Joubel and both are working at establishing content hubs. You may have luck contacting either of those directly.

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Leonardo Cunha -
Hi Daniel,

You are right, I may have misplaced the post My intent was exactly what you mention.

On one side, as a provider of OER technology, it is exactly what you mention - to collaborate on a content hub, as well as to provide a tighter integration between the content hub and LTI/xAPI compliant LMSs. As a long-time user and integrator of Moodle, I am working on strategies that can also make it easier for (a) authors to build, sequence, and distribute H5P activities, (b) make it more seamless for learners to consume those experiences inside the LMS, and (c) leverage xAPI/Learning Record Store to standardize the collection of learning analytics across LMSs compliant with open standards.

On another side, we are planning a deeper integration of our suite to Moodle/H5P in the form of Moodle plug-ins, LTI advantage connectors, and xAPI integration to Moodle's analytic engine.

I will follow your advice and contact both organizations directly.

Many thanks,

Leo Cunha
CTO, Curriki.org