Question import plugin

Question import plugin

by Daniel Thies -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I created a content bank plugin that is able to create interactive content from questions in the Moodle question bank. This is a counter part to the H5P content types question format provides the inverse transformation. The capabilities are limited to keep the interface easy to understand. Only four question types are supported. More may be added later along with other capabilities.

The plugin can be downloaded and installed at https://github.com/dthies/moodle-contenttype_repurpose or you can create an account at https://moodle.openlearner.org to use it or some of my other prototypes.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Thies

Re: Question import plugin

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hola Daniel!
Wow, I'm impressed and super happy to see you've created this interesting content-type. And it's great you've sent a request for adding it to the Moodle plugins database (hopefully it will also appear there). I've tested it locally and it's nice to see how some of the quiz question types are converted into H5P! Good job! Thanks for sharing!!
Kind regards!
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Congratulations on another great Moodle plugin Daniel!

I created an account at https://moodle.openlearner.org and was very happy to see that you have added support for all languages !

I will try to add some Moodle Docs information about your new plugin as soon as I have some free time.

Keep on the very good work Daniel. Many moodle users worldwide will benefit from this work.
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Daniel Thies -
I have added a new release that adds some functionality. Media files can now be added to a Column content through the plugin. Audio, video and image files are added as media subcontent. The subcontent can be copy and pasted into other content types without out having to download files and upload them to Moodle again. An example use case would be creating a Image Slider content from the Wikemedia repository or course files.

I have also added functionality to my site openlearner.org to use more question types and create Question Sets, Interactive Video and Course Presentation content types. Those can be used by creating an account there now, but I do not have plans to release them at the moment.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the new release of that useful plugin. Just noticed something strange. Most plugins display their version number in Admin -> Management, but content types don't (that's H5P and your own contenttype_repurpose). See below:

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Daniel Thies -
The individual plugin type settings pages are each implemented by the type not the plugins and differ by plugin type. Activity and blocks show instances for example. It does seem a little strange that the version is missing, but I am not sure what purpose it would serve. It does appear on the general Plugins overview listing.
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Daniel Thies -
I released a new version 1.3 that has some new features. There is now a more interactive editor  for Column for adding files and setting title and license for them. The Crossword content is also supported recently. The new version now allows saving the content data as a native content type instead of just creating the H5P. This means it can be edited again and changed. The public file is still H5P so it can be used as in H5P activities.

However, in order to edit with the H5P editor, you would need to upload the H5P file to the content bank as a new content type. This behavior is disabled by default, but can be enabled by the admin.