requireloginerror / Course or activity not accessible

requireloginerror / Course or activity not accessible

by Jackie Toth -
Number of replies: 2

Happy Wednesday!

I have a couple users with a role and permissions that allow for manually marking activities complete.  Other users with the same role can manually mark completion, however, these users cannot.

When these particular users attempt to mark an activity complete via Course Administration, Activity Completion, they get the above error when confirming the override and click on 'Save changes'

Everything else works for these users that I am aware of.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jackie Toth

Re: requireloginerror / Course or activity not accessible

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Jackie. I would first check that the users who cannot have the same capabilities as the users who can and are enrolled in the same courses - iirc you have some custom roles which might have an effect on this. I presume it is this: moodle/course:overridecompletion?
In reply to Jackie Toth

Re: requireloginerror / Course or activity not accessible

by Trent McNeeley -
Was this issue ever resolved? I am also having users get "require login error" with a sub-header of "Course or activity not accessible." In my case, it is when they follow a link to self enrollment in a course. If they click the "X" box, they are able to self enroll in the course. But I am afraid the error message will cause students to simply give up and walk away. Thoughts?