Update on above post:
I think that the problem could be due to cron failing on Incoming Email pickup.
Execute scheduled task: Incoming email pickup (tool_messageinbound\task\pickup_task)
... started 17:13:02. Current memory use 19.4MB.
Connecting to mail.albaingles.info as moodletest...
... used 0 dbqueries
... used 8.0546109676361 seconds
Scheduled task failed: Incoming email pickup (tool_messageinbound\task\pickup_task),tool_messageinbound/imapconnectfailure (Authentication failed.)
* line 184 of /admin/tool/messageinbound/classes/manager.php: call to tool_messageinbound\manager->get_imap_client()
* line 52 of /admin/tool/messageinbound/classes/task/pickup_task.php: call to tool_messageinbound\manager->pickup_messages()
* line 253 of /lib/cronlib.php: call to tool_messageinbound\task\pickup_task->execute()
* line 120 of /lib/cronlib.php: call to cron_run_inner_scheduled_task()
* line 73 of /lib/cronlib.php: call to cron_run_scheduled_tasks()
* line 178 of /admin/cli/cron.php: call to cron_run()
Although the log is telling me the authentication has failed, I can´t see why this would be. There is nothing obviously wrong in the incoming mail server settings (have checked against our hosting email settings, tried with/without ssl, checked incoming/outgoing mail is allowed). I am getting the same error on our production site and on a clean install on a testing server. Could anyone help me identify the issue? Thanks.