Auto-grade essay plugin

Auto-grade essay plugin

by Kerry Watt -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all

I'm on Moodle 3.9, for info.

We have a number of activities in our courses which are too long for a short-answer type question, but we need to be automatically marked.

I've seen the auto-grade essay plugin which looks like it could be really useful for what we are looking for. Before investigating any further, as I can't just install the plugin to check for a variety of reasons, can anyone tell me if this can be set up so that the correct answer is a wildcard only (which is possible with short-answer questions) - so in theory any answer would be marked as correct once it is submitted, and we can then release feedback immediately as with any other quiz type question? The questions are very open ended, and although we might use specific keywords for some, others do not really have a "right answer" as such. 

At the moment we use journal entries and activity completion settings with restricted access for answers, but this is complicated and quite restrictive in scaling up. Essay type quiz questions, if they can be auto-marked rather than required manual intervention, seem like an ideal alternative. I've looked into the H5P essay, but the feedback we can give with that is too restricted. 

Thanks

Average of ratings: -