How to Add user fields to Signup page

How to Add user fields to Signup page

by Gagan Kapoor -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

When I check in Moodle under site Administration>Plugins>Authentication there are several user fields but when I see the moodle sign up page i see only few of these fields. Besides standard fields in the sign up page I want to add phone No. field to be added to the sign up form.

Some articles suggest creating a new user profile fields but My question is when there are several field options are given in the Authentication like ID Number Web page, ICQ, Phone No., Institution, Departments etc, then there must be some settings to open them to be added in the sign up page. can anyone explain how to open those pre made fields in the moodle and make them compulsory for sign up.

I think for addtional things we sould create user profile fields.

Please help

Regards

Gagan Kapoor

gagankapoorclasses@gmail.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gagan Kapoor

Re: How to Add user fields to Signup page

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Gagan,

The page you are referring to is to control data that has already been added to the profile, so it allows you to "lock" the data and not allowing the user to change it, there is no option to add those to the signup page.

The alternative is to create your own fields and make them required or perhaps if you have the users on VCS or perhaps even integrating with LDAP to update user details.
In reply to Gagan Kapoor

Re: How to Add user fields to Signup page

by 8thGear Partners -
Hi, I had the same issues with adding option fields to my sign-up page. This worked for me, guess it will for you as well.

Go to Site admin>Users>Accounts>User Profile fields

You'll see the option to add a new user profile field and other following instructions you can use for setup.