Send notification to students who passed a quiz

Send notification to students who passed a quiz

by Julian ter Huurne -
Number of replies: 1

Good morning,

In selected Moodle Workplace I'd like to send notifications to students who successfully completed quizzes (passed with a grade). This notification should differ per course and should include links to the course, such as to a feedback activity for a Kirkpatrick reaction level assessment. The latter is something we'd like to increase the response rate with by issuing a notification to the students' mail box.

I've tried so far:

1. Permission overrides on 'quiz:emailnotifysubmission' - won't do as the notification message is not managed on course level and students get notified after each submission, not just the successful ones.
  2. Access to a single discussion forum (message thread closed), with forced subscription, which students only can see after passing the quiz - however, notifications following the forced subscription are not sent to students who enrolled to the course after the forum entry date.

I've scanned the documentation and forums for an answer, but have not yet seen a solution. My apologies if I overlooked something.

Looking forward to seeing some suggestions how I should approach this.

Cheers,

Julian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian ter Huurne

Re: Send notification to students who passed a quiz

by Julian ter Huurne -
Just to get back to my previous post as the work-around I found may interest others.

I assigned a badge to the quiz - only successful students get it and with it a notification message. The badge allows me to setup a notification which I can adjust per course or even per quiz if I wanted to.

All the best,

Julian