Course students(groups) visible to teacher(s) in participants

Course students(groups) visible to teacher(s) in participants

by Rana Tariq Yaqub -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

Being part of a govt agency, we are using moodle for providing easy to use way of learning to government teachers which are helping them a lot. Currently have an issue with the following scenario.

Moodle Version : 3.10

I have a course, with 2 teachers & 200 students enrolled. Now I want teacher 1 to login into course and to make a group of 100(out of 200) each for him and for other teacher. Now if teacher 1 logins, he should see only that group of 100 students in participants of course tab and should not be able to view other teacher's group(students) in participants or users-list in that course.

Currently, teacher 1 and teacher 1 both viewing 200 students or both groups in participants tab.

How can I handle this mapping ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rana Tariq Yaqub

Re: Course students(groups) visible to teacher(s) in participants

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

For details of how to make it so that each teacher only sees their group of students, please see the section 'How do I restrict a teacher to view only information about the groups that they are in?' in the documentation Groups FAQ.

However, it is not possible for a teacher to set up groups and then not be able to see students in other groups. You need a user with more capabilities, such as a manager or admin to set up the groups to start with.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)