3.11 upgrade and activity completion not working

3.11 upgrade and activity completion not working

by Steph Dickinson -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

Our LMS has been upgraded to 3.11but the activity completion is not working.

I have ran through multiple courses and the progression within the SCORM acknowledges completion of the topics and SCORM package but the LMS will not recognise completion. After the upgrade some courses acknowledge completion, others do not, the settings for everything are exactly the same. Is anyone able to help please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steph Dickinson

Re: 3.11 upgrade and activity completion not working

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Is your cron running? If it is, check the output for errors.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steph Dickinson -

Hi,

Thanks Howard, yes tried that, all running well. All system checks are saying there are no errors but the activity completions are just not generating when everything previously was working in 3.9.7 and no changes made post upgrade. Do you have any suggestions or has anyone heard of any similar issues?

Thanks Steph

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sometimes I have seen completion get "stuck". Go to the completion settings screen and 'clear' the current completions. My suspicion would still be on cron after that. I would run the completion task manually and very carefully check the output.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In Moodle 3.11, Activity Completion changed a little. Steph, you say activity "completion is not working" but I am not exactly sure what you are seeing that makes you say "is not working." I have been making and following some posts about the newer Activity Completion, (this one post provides links to some of my others,) and I wonder if your problem might have something to do with your theme, possibly a plugin, or maybe just some settings that 3.11 changed or added. I might be far off from the problem, but I just wanted to mention the changes just in case it helps you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Steph Dickinson -

Thanks Rick, I think we may have found the problem, I think the default settings for the activity completion changed in the upgrade. Our SCORMs activity completion settings were locked (to protect data retention) so we were unable to open and see the settings in the LMS.

Thanks for your advice. 

by Ashish Rauthan -
Hello Steph & friends,

We are also using 3.11 & facing same issue - Course completion is not happening.
As we are first time user of Moodle & are new to it can you please help us understand the solution & exact steps to do & how.

Thanks in advance!
Ash
In reply to Ashish Rauthan

by Steph Dickinson -

Hi Ash,

We are currently still reviewing the process, but it seems that with the Moodle update to 3.11, the default settings for the SCORM package activity completion was slightly different. As the SCORM activity completion is locked we can't open it and adjust without losing completion data. We are currently looking at accessing the database to avoid opening the activity completion settings and losing completion data.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Steph