Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ha Duong Lam -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone,

I got the problem with the Notifications: when the student receives a notification in Notifications box, he wants to go to the location in Moodle that the event happened, but he can't do that and he just receive the notice: "Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8080".

Here is the detail with its pictures:

- The student receives a notification that his teacher has released the mark (of the assignment) and sent a feedback to him

- He wants to go to the location in Moodle that the event happened (which means he wants to go to Assignment activity), then he clicks the main body of the notification. He can't go to Assignment activity and he receives the notice:

Does anybody here know what is going on? Could you help me to solve this problem? I appreciate!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ha Duong Lam

Re: Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hello Lam - Please check the config.php file in the Moodle directory on your server (eg, in /var/www/html/). Check the value of $CFG->wwwroot. If it's 127.0.0.1, it should be changed to the correct domain. Also see this: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Configuration_file#Setting_.24CFG-.3Ewwwroot_correctly
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ravi Murugesan

Trả lời: Re: Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ha Duong Lam -
Thanks Ravi for your help.
In fact, this is the first time I have worked with Moodle, so I just involve with the course, the activities and resources, tracking completion,... I have never worked with config.php file or somethings like that.
So it would be great if you can help me:
- What is config.php file in Moodle? Where can I reach confi.php file?
- What is $CFG? How can I check the value of $CFG->wwwroot?
- How can I change to correct domain?
I also accessed the above link, however I don't understand.
Please, give me more advice. I highly appreciate.
In reply to Ha Duong Lam

Re: Trả lời: Re: Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Lam - The config.php file is in the back end, where the server is hosted. It cannot be accessed from the front end admin interface. How did you install your Moodle site? Is it on a shared server, a VPS, or something else? Can you ask the person or company who installed it to check the value of $CFG->wwwroot? You may wish to give them the link in my previous post: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Configuration_file#Setting_.24CFG-.3Ewwwroot_correctly
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Trả lời: Re: Trả lời: Re: Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ha Duong Lam -
Hi Ravi,
Tks for your reply.
I connected to our engineer who installed Moodle and it related to config.php file like you said. He explained for me however, it was beyond of my knowledge. Anyway, I was a new comer in Moodle, and the thing is our problem was solved.
Tks for your attention!

Trả lời: Re: Trả lời: Re: Student can't use the Notification to go to the location that the event happened

by Ha Duong Lam -
In order to widen my knowledge about Moodle, relating to "cofig.php", "a shared server", "a VPS", "the value of $CFG->wwwroot", could you advise me which book, website I should read (as a new comer in Moodle)?
(P/S: my first target will understand the link you gave me smile )
Tks you in advanced, Ravi!