Is there a way to keep track of tutorials that need to be repeated in moodle?

Is there a way to keep track of tutorials that need to be repeated in moodle?

by Halim Asa -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone,

Today I encountered a problem that I had never thought of. I use Moodle in my country, as I said before, for the services related to the health and safety of the Employees.

While doing this, I am doing this through the distance education system in accordance with the laws and the awareness of the employees.

But today I learned the following information.

There is a course I opened in Moodle and I have students who have completed this course.

I have a course called employee notifications.

For example, student A

He became a member of my site on 13.01.2021 and completed the training on 15.01.2021 and received the certificate.

Student B, on the other hand, registered for the course on 15.05.2021. and the student completed the training by receiving the certificate on 20.05.2021.

Now how can I get moodle to do this?

It is necessary to take this training again after one year.

I want student A and trainer to send a reminder on 01.01.2022 and take the course again.

I want student B and the trainer to send a reminder on 05.05.2022 and take the course again.

I have no idea how to do this. However, such a solution does not make sense.

I cannot open a separate course for each student, which means maybe tens of thousands of courses.

So I have to figure this out in just one course.

Actually, isn't the job to be done is simple?

A data is already stored in the moodle database.

I want the students in my course to take the certificates again 1 year, 3 years or 5 years (according to the reminder feature of the course I opened).

I'm going to have a hard time like this. I hope I can find a solution soon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Halim Asa

Re: Is there a way to keep track of tutorials that need to be repeated in moodle?

by Halim Asa -
I think I found a way, though I'm not entirely sure.

Using badges, I can track when employees have completed their training.

I give a badge to those who complete the course and set an expiration date for the duration of the course so I can tell which users should retake the course on the badge expiration date.

However, I haven't been able to solve my second problem yet. How should I set it up now so that the user whose badge has expired can take the course again.

I think I found the second way, I can solve it like this.
I guess when I set the registration period to 1 year from the course completion settings, the user who registered for the course will be finished after 1 year, so he will want to train again.

I think I can handle this with the self-registration method,

When the badge expires, I haven't been able to test whether the mail is sent again.

Yuppiii uhau
In reply to Halim Asa

Re: Is there a way to keep track of tutorials that need to be repeated in moodle?

by Halim Asa -
When I try the badges, I added the badge expiration date, for example, when I receive the badge 2 minutes after receiving the badge, or when the badge expires, neither the instructor nor the student with the badge receives a notification sad

There is an option for ending the engagement, such as day, hour, week, month, year. We can choose the year and write 10 years for expiry, but in the complete course settings, the course enrollment time is selected, delete when enrollment is completed, the highest 365 days are selected, as with the engagements, if the selection time is in the form of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, and we add the time we want to the box. It seems like it would be better if we write, to solve my problem.

How can I send notification when engagement starts and ends?
In reply to Halim Asa

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You could use a plugin such as https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=422792

Or Moodle Workplace does this out of the box, and much more - https://moodle.com/workplace/
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Halim Asa -
I get it wrong. I see it as a moodle installation and upgrade issue, not a plugin. Yes, I know about moodle workplace, but I think it can be done without the need for a workplace. I discovered some new features. I'm stuck on the last course registration period, it allows a maximum of 365 days of registration, if I can increase it, my problem seems to be solved