More info in assignment submission notifications

More info in assignment submission notifications

by Anze Pratnemer -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings,

is there a setting that would add additional info (students email, idnumber, ..)  to email notifications, received by teachers, when student submits assignment or updates the assignment?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anze Pratnemer

Re: More info in assignment submission notifications

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Anze - You might be able to add those details in the assignment notification emails via Language Customisation. If you've not use this feature before, see this post.

The strings to change the text in the body of the assignment notification email are gradersubmissionupdatedhtml and gradersubmissionupdatedtext (the strings are almost identical - one is for HTML emails and the other for plain text emails).

Try adding {$a->email} in the customised string.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ravi Murugesan

by Anze Pratnemer -

Hi Ravi.

That is a nice solution, I tested it and it works.

Thank you very much for browsing topics this old (what was it, 15th page?) and helping us.

Regards, Anze

In reply to Ravi Murugesan

by Paul Vincent -
Hi Ravi,

I just came across your reply to Anze's question, and wondered if you might be able to help with my similar query. I'me looking to do something similar, but need to bring in the User's id as well as teh Assignment id, so I can construct a URL that takes a teacher directly to the submission that requires grading, e.g. a URL such as: https://example.com/mod/assign/view.php?id=608&rownum=0&action=grader&userid=9

These variables don't look to be available to the language string by default; do you know where I may be able to include a reference to these in the code somewhere?

I also posted here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=424784 but having no luck so far with a reply over there.

Many thanks,
Paul