Quiz Attempts Deleted Randomly

Quiz Attempts Deleted Randomly

by Ahmed Al Kahky -
Number of replies: 7

Hello All, 

I am facing a strange issue with Moodle 3.10.2, two students took a quiz and suddenly their quiz attempts are deleted and there is nothing in the log file indicates that these results were deleted.

Did you face any similar issues?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmed Al Kahky

Re: Quiz Attempts Deleted Randomly

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are they only students? Check the permissions: see if they have moodle/question:preview capability. If they do, that is really bad.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ahmed Al Kahky -
Thanks Tim,
I checked the permissions and they are students with no moodle/question:preview capability.

by Steve Marsh -
Did you get to find the disappearing attempts ?

Just had a couple students where some but not all of theirs quizzes have dissappeared (3.10.3) and no records in the logs to confim they was done yet teachers confirms marking them.

Thanks
Steve
In reply to Steve Marsh

by Ahmed Al Kahky -

Unfortunately, no I did not find the disappearing attempts, I am facing the same situation, the candidates confirmed they attended the quizzes and there is no records found in the log, this happened on 3.10.2.

Also I found that some candidates progress in the courses are being reset as if they did not attend the courses or marked the topics as complete.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Quiz attempts do not just disappear.

Teacher previews of the quiz are deleted automatically. So use Quiz settings -> Check permissions, and verify that the students do not have mod/quiz:preview capability. (If they do, you have a big problem.)

Also (this is unlikely) but check under Moodle's privacy settings. There are settings there to automatically clean up old data if you want. Worth checking that it is not set to delete old quiz attempts.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Maybe these students were unenrolled, while you are viewing attempts from enrolled students ?
Check the status of this filter - switch it to"All users who have attenpted the quiz":

In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Steve Marsh -
Tim

Permissions for students is Not Set so assume that is a no they can't preview quizzes.
Not sure where the settings are for cleaning up old data, looked in policies and in server unless you mean in site administration/server/cleanup where all is set to default.

Przemek

Check for all users and the only different one is a test user that was setup for trying the courses before going live which was deleted before any other student was setup. There has since been a couple that has been suspended rather than deleted but none unenrolled from any courses. Not that I think it will make any difference but any new user is auto enrolled into all courses.

We are only a small company and only recently started using moodle so not totally at grips with it all yet. It is for staff in house training / yearly refresher courses so only have about 12 users and a couple of non-editing teachers created at present and the problems have only effected 2 users. one losing 3 courses and the other 7, both of which had completed all courses originally so not sure why or how.

Many Thanks for your suggestions though.