Groups have student but not displaying teacher on student page

Groups have student but not displaying teacher on student page

by Mark Fellowes -
Number of replies: 2

Team.

Issue crept in approx. 22 April 2021. No code changes (honest). We have a module assign_new.php that the admin team uses to assign Students to teachers (groups). Currently have displays to ensure the code is being executed correctly and the values are correct for each IF statement. Which all steps executed and values are correct.

All the tables are being updated, and values are correct. I believe.

If I login as the admin, and go into the GROUPS, I can see the student assigned to the Group (Teacher). But if I now logon as the student and select the course, the right hand side nav bar under the heading "Message My Trainer" should be displaying the Teacher assigned for direct communications. Yet is is saying "You are not assigned to a trainer in this course".

I then go back into the Groups, select the course, remove the student, add them back in, log back in as the student and the teacher is being displayed.

Any thoughts & help is appreciated.

Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20180104)
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MySQL
Server connection: SSL is not being used
Server version: 5.7.34 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Fellowes

Re: Groups have student but not displaying teacher on student page

by Mark Fellowes -
Also how by removing the student and when I go back to add them into the group, how can i tell what tables (DB) are being update as the /group/members.php does not have any inserts into a given table(s). This calls grouplib.js what I can gather.
In reply to Mark Fellowes

Re: Groups have student but not displaying teacher on student page

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Mark,

This sounds like some custom work that's not in the open source plugins database. Have you contacted the developer of this module to see if this can be resolved? Most of us here will give replication of the issue a go, if the plugin is available, but that doesn't apply for custom / bespoke work. Without knowing how this was developed, it's kinda difficult to suggest possible solutions.