LDAP User field population

LDAP User field population

by Sonny Herrick -
Number of replies: 2

I have installed LDAP on my Moodle 3.10.2 setup and the student users from Active Directory have populated MariaDB and my Moodle site but only their username no other info such as First, Surname and email. Once they login using their AD username and password information they are directed to another profile page asking them to fill in three required fields (First Name, Surname and email address) plus optional profile information as in manual user creation.  The question I have is how do have the users first, last and email address from Active Directory populate these fields to avoid having the user manually have to fill them in on initial login? Is it a simple fix that I missed or is it even possible?

Thank you 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sonny Herrick

Re: LDAP User field population

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You apparently have not mapped the data or have mapped it incorrectly...see the bottom of the settings page for mapping fields..
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: LDAP User field population

by Sonny Herrick -

Thank you Emma. That is exactly where I went wrong.  I figured it out the other day.