mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission - Is there a stock email?

mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission - Is there a stock email?

by Cindy Weber -
Number of replies: 4

I would like teacher notification when a student submits a quiz. I gave permission to the teacher. I allowed for emails - they work in the system. I enrolled the teacher in the class.

I assumed that there was a stock email, set up in the system - maybe at mod/quiz/emailnotifysubmission.php, but I don't see an email at that location that I can customize. 

I read the docs. What don't I understand?

These are my errors:

2021-05-03 19:04:16 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 74980] [client 207.46.13.65:41812] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/images/gaming-hardware

2021-05-03 19:03:39 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 74070] [client 192.99.15.33:37690] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/Nevadacourses/90hourOnline/NevadaLaw\xe2\x80\xa6

2021-05-03 18:50:39 UTC [apache][authz_core:error] [pid 45963] [client 66.249.84.5:59312] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/ABCOrderForm/email/EMAIL_LOGO_FILENAME

2021-05-03 17:55:05 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 37797] [client 207.46.13.23:56416] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/images/stallion-castration

2021-05-03 17:33:39 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 87639] [client 117.44.170.32:40424] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/uc_client/client.php

2021-05-03 17:13:15 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 67981] [client 207.46.13.50:48930] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u326-vlqodv1wvxji/www/abcrealestateschool.com/public_html/images/terri-kay

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cindy Weber

Re: mod/quiz:emailnotifysubmission - Is there a stock email?

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Cindy,

If you're new to Moodle, you may have been looking in the wrong place for what you aim to achieve. All things 'language' are managed in Site admin > Language > Language customisation. Here you can locally modify language strings for all components in your Moodle instance. The teacher notification email for mod_quiz is also one of those strings you'd modify here.

To do:
Read https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Language_customisation for information on how to customise language strings

Then:
Go to Language Customisation, load the English language pack, select quiz.php as a component and search for these string identifiers: emailnotifybody, emailnotifysmall, emailnotifysubject

That should do the trick.

Good luck!

BTW: I think this question should be in General, not in Teaching with Moodle, as it is a technical question, not a pedagogy one.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just moving this to General as suggested by Joost - and just to point out too that it does not necessarily mean the notification arrives by email. It depends on the notification settings of the site and user.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cindy Weber -
The reason I wasn't seeing this email - is because I didn't realize that I wasn't receiving any emails. I can effectively use the Language Customisation information now, because the moodle is sending emails now. Siteground is my host and the url has changed servers more than once. The cron instructions were never changed though, and I didn't notice that I was no longer receiving notifications. Siteground wanted me to change the cron instruction to this:
php /home/customer/www/URL.com/public_html/moodle/admin/cli/cron.php but it created an error and did not work. I also had a cron password set in the moodle that I removed to be able to manually perform a cron. FYI, this is the cron instruction that worked without error:
/usr/local/php53/bin/php-cli -q /home/customer/www/URL.com/public_html/moodle/admin/cli/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 | cat
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Cindy Weber -
Joost Elshoff - you have been very helpful! Do you know how I would customize the email to indicate the grade/score that the student earned on the quiz?