Login error - New users

Login error - New users

by Walter Garcia -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I have seen that there was a post with the same problem that suddenly arose but it has no solution and they closed the topic. I have been working with the Moodle platform for years and since this month (April 2021) every new user when accessing for the first time, exiting and re-entering throws the error ...

"Bad data, try again."

Fun facts:

only with the new students. The rest have not had such a problem.

If the student clears the cache, saved passwords and data to complete the browser, it allows him to allow again until the end of his session; repeating the login problem.

Moodle version 2.7.2 - I have seen that the same problem also arises in higher versions (3.7) according to the post published by Josuke Net - in March 2020.

I look forward to your reply.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Garcia

Re: Login error - New users

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

"Bad data, try again" – I don't think this error is coming from Moodle, I can't find it in the source code. Can you share a screenshot of the error?

Moodle 2.7.2 is 2½ years behind on updates, you should update to Moodle 2.7.20 to ensure the site has all available fixes. Support for Moodle 2.7.x ended nearly four years ago so you should plan to upgrade.

Is the "post published by Josuke Net - in March 2020" in these forums? I can't find it.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Walter Garcia -

Yes of course. Here you are.

Thanks,

Attachment error.jpg
In reply to Walter Garcia

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So with the English language pack this error would be "Invalid login, please try again".

Can you reproduce this problem? If you create a test user and set the password, then start a new browser session (or open a private browsing window in your browser) and log in with this user's credentials do you get the error?

Are these users manually authenticated?

Screenshot showing the "Choose an authentication" method field on the Edit Profile page.

What authentication plugins are enabled, can you share a screenshot of the list of enabled plugins under Site administrationPluginsAuthenticationManage authentication, for example:

Example screenshot showing enabled authentication plugins

Is the site cron running? Check Site administration ▸ Notifications.

Do you know if the site is using anything non-default for session handling?

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Walter Garcia -
Hi Leo,

first, thanks for your help.

1) I create new user and haven´t got any problem. The problem has got the user (6 new user have the same problem).
I think, is possible that will be the browser? They use Chrome.

2) Autentication "manual".

3) Manage authentication

Autentification

4) No "Cron".

5) Session Handling:

Session