Introducing form module

Introducing form module

by Teemu Sumi -
Number of replies: 88
You can make your own forms. You can arrange the fields to one or two columns. You can change the order of the fields or add new fields.

Form module has features as follows:

1. Five different form types
  • Public, students can only read the forms which the teachers fill
  • Public, students can fill the forms
  • Private, students can see only their own filled forms
  • Anonymous, No one can see who filled the form
  • Secret, Only teachers can see the filled forms

2. 1-10 or unlimited attempts. Unlimited attemts can be so that the attempt overwrites the previous one or so that all the attempts are saved. Students can see their past answers too. If all the attempts are saved you can't edit any attemts afterwards (it's too difficult program!).

3. You can hide one or more fields from the students.

4. You can choose which fields are sent by email to the teachers. You can also disable email.

5. Seven types of fields
  • Header (to organize the form)
  • Text
  • Textarea
  • Checkbox
  • Radio
  • Document

6. Feedback to the students is optional

7. Zebra stripe effect is optional.

Thumbnail of the image is automatically created and the thumbnail is the link to the actual image.

You can download form module in CVS contrib.

I have tested it quite lot with 1.5 and 1.6. It's not for production servers yet.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teemu Sumi

Re: Introducing form module

by Colin McQueen -
Looks interesting. How does this conflict/duplicate/support the database and feedback modules?
In reply to Colin McQueen

by Teemu Sumi -
There are no conflicts. Of course all three modules share some features but my module is the only one where students can see all their answers when multiple attempts are allowed.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Teemu,

Oops, you went wacky with the pastingwink-- the isteacher in the latest download of form.php all have an extra ( in front of them.

Other than that it's great. I did make a few changes to report.php so that with multiple records, the students do not see their image and name--only the list of dates/times.  I was wondering, when a student clicks on the form link (date/time) and brings up the past form, would it be possible to have that date/time show up at the top of the form?

No, I didn't get it to work with 1.6--I'm going to wait for beta before testing again.

And Colin, the main feature that this mod has that the others don't is that a student can have their own private form that nobody else sees the results (except teacher of course), they can have more than one record of the filled out form (for example, for filling out a weekly goal plan--they can see their past weeks' forms), and the teacher can give feedback to the students on their form. Also, the results of the filled in form can be emailed to both students and teachers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "conflict". This is its own mod with its own db tables--there shouldn't be any conflict.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Colin McQueen -

Hi

By conflict I was thinking of something I thought I'd seen about the database module becoming a kind of template or library for lots of other modules that required forms based input like the feedback, questionnaire and forms mods. Perhaps I was dreaming? Just seems to me that there may be a need a library for handling forms creation and perhaps querying, reporting for other modules to use? Maybe there is I dunno thoughtful

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by David Louis Puttick -
Aha

This sounds exactly what we need for our personal tutorial forms. In fact it will achieve what we couldn't achieve with the Feedback module. We shall try it on our development server first.

Thanks for your work

David
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Matt Campbell -
This looks exactly like what one of my instructors have been asking for.  I've put it in place, but have just a couple of issues:

1. All the contextual help links are missing.  Are they available anywhere?
2. Image and Document selections work fine on the user end, but I'm not able to view their input.  This information is not retained if the user enters the form again.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Matt Campbell -
I'd like to have the description display above the fields when the students are entering data into the fields.  Right now, they get a page for the description and then another page to enter the data in.  I can display instructions on the same page as the fields by entering the following code:

Right after this:
/// Print the main part of the page

Add this:
    $form->description = trim($form->description);
    if (!empty($form->description)) {
        print_simple_box( format_text($form->description) , "center");
    }

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Matt Campbell -
Hey Teemu -

Hopefully you're not getting tired of me yet!

Do you have any plans to add some sort of grading functionality to the form module? 

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Matt Campbell -
Using Moodle 1.5.3 and PHP 4.3.10-16, I found a problem with backups - automated just hung, manual gave me the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check_and_create_modform_dir() in /usr/share/moodle/mod/form/backuplib.php on line 190

I made the following changes to backuplib.php:

// $status = check_and_create_modform_dir($preferences->backup_unique_code);
//Now copy the form dir
// if ($status) {
//Only if it exists !! Thanks to Daniel Miksik.
if (is_dir($CFG->dataroot."/".$preferences->backup_course."/".$CFG->modform."/form")) {
$status = backup_copy_file($CFG->formroot."/".$preferences->backup_course."/".$CFG->modform."/form",
$CFG->dataroot."/temp/backup/".$preferences->backup_unique_code."/modform/form");
}
}

return $status;

// }

I get an error message that forms weren't backed up on courses that don't have forms, but the backup completes successfully. Probably not the best hack, but I'm still learning!

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by J. Chan -

This module is great.

I've just downloaded files from cvs. Many files of *.htm should be renamed as *.html.

Also, when I use the checkbox functions, it only shows ONE checkbox without any words.

Apart from this, everything works like magic. That's great.

James

In reply to J. Chan

by J. Chan -
I have urgent questions to ask about the Form Module.

I installed this contribution, and its great. Much simpler and less difficult than using Feedback or Database.

I have a small problem. I dont seem to have checkboxes on my pages.

They look like this:

checkbox

But when I change them to radio buttons, they look like this:

checkbox2

The checkboxes seem to get shrink, and only one left without any words. Any ideas?

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
I will check if there are htm files. I just noticed that there are no help files in CVS. I will send them soon. Checkboxes behave like that. I don't know how get the sub texts to checkboxes. If you try to add sub texts, only the last one will be saved.

Teemu
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Teemu Sumi -
CVS doesn't have the latest version. thoughtful In the latest version these things have been fixed. I made the updates today.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J. Chan -

Hello, thanks for your feedback. I've downloaded the latest files from the cvs. I overwrite the files on the server.

The page looks like this:

checkbox3

The radio buttons all remain the first line. If I reset them to "checkbox", still there is only ONE checkbox without any words.

So, when I restore the "form.php" with the previous version, 1.8 the radio buttons are okay. But the checkbox still disappeared.

I understand form.php version 1.9 is important because the menu is fixed. How would this affect the radio button?

What would best replace the checkboxes at the moment?

All the best

James

In reply to J. Chan

by J. Chan -

Ok. I edited the form.php (version 1.10).

Now, it shows normal view:

checkbox4

I haven't checked if the dbase are okay or not. But now, it seems that it will perhaps enter correct value into the dbase.

See if you could find out the changes from the file I upload here.

Is there anyone who are interested to test the dbase value with this latest version? If everything is tested, better update the cvs.

Cheers

James

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
I tried that code before and it doesn't work like that. If you check one of the boxes, all the others will be checked too. sad

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J. Chan -

You're right. That's true. Now, the text and sub-text for checkboxes appear, but when you check one of the boxes, all the boxes are checked in the admin/ teacher result.

All related code involved is here below:

//hide the field if not teacher and it's hidden from the students
    if ($formfield->field != "") {

//select and radio types might have more than 1 subs
        $howmany = substr_count("$formfield->multi", "|"); //For radiobutton
        $howmanys = substr_count("$datafield->multi", "|") + 1; //For Select      
        $val_array = explode("|", "$formfield->multi");

and then further down...

if ($formfield->type == "checkbox") {
            if ($leftside && $rightside) {
                if ($formfield->side == "l") {
                    echo "<tr>";
                }
            } else {
                echo "<tr>";
            }
  //$val_array starts from 0
            $k=1; //We want that in excel table it starts from 1
               for ($j=0; $j<=$howmany; $j++) {
                if ($j == 0) {
            if (!$presentation || $form->hidequestions == 0) {
                if (isteacher($course->id) or $formfield->sright == "write") {
                    echo "<td $color align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><b>".$formfield->field;
                    if ($editing && $formfield->required == 1) {
                        echo "*";
                    }
                } else {
                 echo "</b>&nbsp;";
                  }
                        echo "</td>";
                    }
                    echo "<td $color align=\"left\"><table><tr><td $color align=\"left\">";
                   } else {
   echo "<tr>";

echo "<td $color align=\"left\">";
            }
            if (isteacher($course->id) or $formfield->sright == "write") {
                if ($formfield->value == "on") {
                    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=v$i checked />";
                } else {
                    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=v$i />";
                }
                echo "&nbsp;&nbsp;$val_array[$j]</td></tr>";
            } else {
                echo "&nbsp;</td></tr>";
            }
}
            echo "</table></td>";
            if ($leftside && $rightside) {
                if ($formfield->side == "r") {
                    echo "</tr>";
                }
            } else {
                echo "</tr>";
            }
            echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=i$i value=\"$formfield->id\" />";
        }

I am looking into it right now. The scripts in bold should have caused the problem. Any help is appreciated.

I know there are still some other bugs, but if we fix this one, the form module should at least be functioning.

Perhaps I attach the file again. This file enclosed here is the latest version 1.10 and is then amended with the above script.

I hope some experts here would help to amend the code.

All the best

James

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
There's no easy way to do it. I must think about that.

Teemu 
In reply to J. Chan

by Francis Brouns -
Hello,

this module seems to be what we are looking for. However, I have some problems getting it running. I downloaded the code from CVS contrib today and added it to Moodle 1.5.3+. Installation seems fine.

When creating a form, an error occurs when saving the form:
Notice: Undefined variable: formanswer in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\moodle5\mod\form\view.php on line 144

When viewing the form, only 1 radiobutton is displayed where there should be 2 radiobuttons.
There is only 1 checkbox without label, where there should be 4.
The dropdown box contains only the first 2 choices, but not the remainder.

When viewing the form, the following notice is displayed:

Notice: Undefined variable: formanswer in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\moodle5\mod\form\view.php on line 144

When you then click on Start, some more errors and notices are shown:
Coding error: isteacher() should not be used without a valid course id as argument. Please notify the developer for this module.

Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\moodle5\mod\form\form.php on line 79

Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\moodle5\mod\form\form.php on line 80

Some of these errors also occur in the Apache log, but the Apache log also shows some additional errors. There are notices about undefined variables and a notice about a missing file styles.php

[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: t in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\autolayout.php on line 55

File does not exist: d:/program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/moodle5/mod/form/styles.php

[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: formanswer in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\view.php on line 144
[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\form.php on line 79
[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\form.php on line 80
[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\form.php on line 79
[error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: datafield in d:\\program files\\apache group\\apache\\htdocs\\moodle5\\mod\\form\\form.php on line 80

I know that Sourceforge had hardware problems and had to restore CVS. For some projects rather old versions had been restored. Is it possible that the versions that are in CVS are not the latest? There is no version number in form.php, so I can not check which version this is.

Kind regards,

Francis Brouns
In reply to Francis Brouns

by J. Chan -

Hi, see if this help:

In form.php, line 78-81 change to...

//select and radio types might have more than 1 subs
        $howmany = substr_count("$formfield->multi", "|"); //For radiobutton
        $howmanys = substr_count("$datafield->multi", "|") + 1; //For Select      
        $val_array = explode("|", "$formfield->multi");

I wonder if there should be a file "styles.php". This file is mentioned in

• line 53 of view.php, "print_header("$course->shortname: $form->name", "$course->fullname",
                 "$navigation <a href=index.php?id=$course->id>$strforms</a> -> $form->name", "", "<style type=\"text/css\">@import url($CFG->wwwroot/mod/form/styles.php);</style>", true,
                  update_module_button($cm->id, $course->id, $strform), navmenu($course, $cm));
  • and no more

Should this be replaced?

Your message:.....No idea.

• When creating a form, an error occurs when saving the form:

and...

• When viewing the form, only 1 radiobutton is displayed where there should be 2 radiobuttons.
    There is only 1 checkbox without label, where there should be 4.
    The dropdown box contains only the first 2 choices, but not the remainder.

Please read my previous message.

The rest of the problem is :

• Some of these errors also occur in the Apache log, but the Apache log also shows some additional errors. There are notices about undefined variables and a notice about a missing file styles.php

[error]
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: t in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\moodle5\mod\form\autolayout.php on line 55

Should the strangely "$t+2" be defined first. I can't figure out what it means: "$tnew", "$tplus", "$time", "$top", "$table", "$this", "$temp", "$type", "$teacher", "$thumb", or should it be "$id", "$i", "$k", "$j", ....

Wanting help!

Anyone available?

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
Thanks guys. I fixed form.php. It should be OK now.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Francis Brouns -
Hello Teemu,

thanks, the radio buttons and dropdownbox now seem to work. However, the checkboxes still do not work.

The notices about the undefined variable formanser on line 144 in view.php, and the Coding error: isteacher() still exist.

In addition, the dropdownbox now displays a notice Undefined offset on line 526 in form.php.

I have another question. How is the feedback made available. The form now shows "No feedback yet", but I can not figure out how to create the feedback. The help files are still missing.

I also noticed that when you go to index.php (or click on Forms in the breadcrumbs of Activities block) no forms are listed.

Is your styles.php required for displaying the form? I can not find it in CVS.

Francis

by Teemu Sumi -
I fixed those problems. Please upgrade. Checkboxes can't have subtexts like radiobuttons. I will try to write some new code but it's not easy.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J. Chan -

Thanks for the work. It's great now.

One tiny thing: does the zebra strip work now? It seemed that it worked before, but not any more. Which file determines this function? I'm not sure if I missed the upgraded file.

Thanks again. Cheers

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
You should add this to your theme's style_color.css file:

.zebra1 {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}

.zebra2 {
background-color:#8F8F8F;
}

Of course you can choose any color you like. If your theme doesn't have that file, you should create the file.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Teemu,

I just loaded the latest form from contrib and created a form with allow multiple records set to no.  However, I still see the view past forms link.  Am I going crazy?

Also, the footer style in styles.php is adding the padding to all of the footers in my blocks--yikes.

by Teemu Sumi -
I fixed that link to report page. Let's try some changes in styles.php. Please try the new version .

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J. Chan -

Sorry to bother you again.

I added the file but it doesn't show zebra strips.

What have I possibly done wrong?  sad

In reply to J. Chan

by Teemu Sumi -
Can you tell me what css files there are in your theme's folder?

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Chardelle Busch -
Thanks Teemu,

The link is great.

FYI, I added a string called $previousanswers, and then added the $nagivation code to answer.php with $strpreviousanswers so navigation is similar to report.php.

So now from answer.php students have a link back to the form in the breadcrumbs like this: ..... >> My Form >> Previous answers

I have another problem though. I am not getting emails of the forms--any ideas?

Also, just a thought, when a student view their previous answers in answer.php, they do not see any headers or field names, which can make it a little confusing.  Would this be too much of a pain in the a** to add?

by Teemu Sumi -
Please send your modifications on answer.php. I will send them to CVS. I will test email functions. Did you select "Hide questions on presentation page"? That option is good only for image gallery.

Teemu

by Teemu Sumi -
I tested email functions and they worked. This module should also work with Moodle 1.6 and PHP 5 now. What is your system like?

Teemu

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Chardelle Busch -
Yes, I did have "hide..." chosen--I didn't know you changed that--wow that was so easy!! This is great.

As for the emails, I just looked again and apparently I had had a brain aneurysm yesterday--I just had forgotten to choose email yes for each individual field.

Here's the updated answer.php (of course you'll need to add the new string too).

by Chardelle Busch -
And here's edit.php with the fixed nav to include the form link and "editingaform" string.

by Teemu Sumi -
I made these changes. String "editingaform" was already in lang files but "previousrecords" wasn't.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J. Chan -

Thanks.

One of the theme I tested it on is called GINAqua, the files are:

styles_color.css; styles_font.css; styles_layout.css; styles_moz.css; print.css

The other theme I tested is called oceanblue:

styles_color.css; styles_fonts.css; styles-layout.css

I added your scripts to the "styles_color.css" file. Is that correct?

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Darren Smith -
Hello. I'm still struggling with upgrading from the original database contrib module sad. I remember that there were problems with sourceforge and anonymous CVS access.

Is the version from http://download.moodle.org/download.php/modules/form.zip the most up to date?

TIA

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by Chardelle Busch -
Darren,

You should get the latest form mod from contrib.

See here for more info (substituting form for questionnaire)

by Darren Smith -
Thanks for the response.

I did try that but anonymous CVS has been experiencing a lot of problems for a while now. It was very out of date and not being updated which was a problem on sourceforge's end. Does anybody know if it has now been fixed? If not then could somebody with developers access to CVS email me a zip of the latest form code?

Also it looks like somebody else was having problems getting the form code from contrib using the web zip method.

In reply to Darren Smith

by Just H -
Hi Darren

Latest from CVS attached.

H
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Just H

by Chardelle Busch -
Hi Teemu,

I just tried deleting a record with the checkbox and button (when allow multiple is = yes) from report.php and nothing happens.  Does this work for you?
In reply to Just H

by Heather P -
Does this work in version 1.5.2 ? As I can't seem to get it to install. I've had no trouble in the past installing stuff so I'm just wondering if it won't actually work with this version of Moodle.
Thanks
In reply to Heather P

by Teemu Sumi -
It should work with 1.5.2. I just installed it and tested it with 1.5.2. Did you see any error messages?

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

Re: Introducing form module: Upload does not work

by Francis Brouns -
Hi,

I have installed this module on Moodle 1.5.4 and Moodle 1.6. It seems to be working, except for the file uploads.

When one of the fields is of type Document and a user uploads a file, the document is not available, nor for the teacher, nor for the student. The corresponding directories are created in the moodledata directory, but the files are not placed there.

Any idea how to solve this?

Francis Brouns

by Teemu Sumi -
I will fix that soon. Unfortunately I don't have access to CVS anymore.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Art Lader -
So you are still developing the form module, Teemu? Cool. smile

-- Art

by Teemu Sumi -
I fixed the problem and two other problems too. Now I need access to the CVS contrib/form.

Teemu 
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Francis Brouns -
HI,

thanks for your quick response.

Will this also work in Moodle 1.6.1? The currect form module does not seem to run properly in 1.6.1, as the log files contains errors like Getting object properties of non-object.

Francis

by Teemu Sumi -
I have access to CVS contrib now. Please upgrade. This module works with 1.5 and 1.6.

You found some new problem. I haven't seen that before. What is your system like?`Do those logs have real links?

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Francis Brouns -
Hi Teemu,

those errors occurred on a Windows XP machine running Moodle 1.6.1 on Apache 2 and PHP 5.0.4. The error log indicated for which object the problem occurred. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the log files as I am re-installing that machine.

I'll try to reproduce the system and inform you about any errors.

Thanks,

Francis

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Joseph Spilatore -

Hello Teemu,

Great Work on the on the Forms Module, It is something I have been needing for awhile. Until now have been using surveymonkey to collect form information but there is no e-mail notification functionality, no abililty to provide feedback and the DB is on outside servers.  

I just have one question, Are there any plans and is it possible for the creator of the form to be able to format it in a similar way as the Database Module Template.  I would like the ability to place form elements into table cells and manipulate text.  See attached screen shot of a current form that we using Survey Monkey

Any feedback you can provide will be greatly appreciated, Best Regards

Joe Spilatore

Attachment Form.gif
In reply to Joseph Spilatore

by Teemu Sumi -
I'm not certain what features I will add next. It might be difficult to add database module like tempaletes to form module. With database module you use html editor but with form module you use lay out editor.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Joseph Spilatore -

Teemu,

Thanks for your reply, Your hard work is always helpful and appreciated.  I am sure that whatever you come up with will be great!

Joe

In reply to Joseph Spilatore

by zsolt im -

Hi Teemu,

I intalled module form (without errors), but I have a problem: after the creating the first (intro) page of form, I receive an error message: "The script was called incorrectly."

Do you have any idea why ?

In reply to zsolt im

by Teemu Sumi -
Can you tell me what is the php file in the location bar of the browser when you see that message?

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by zsolt im -

hello Teemu,

the file is:

/moodle/mod/form/details.php

thx for help

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by zsolt im -

I checked with "manual debug", seems to be there is a problem somewhere in 10 line:   

if ($form = data_submitted($destination)) {

thx

In reply to zsolt im

by Teemu Sumi -
What is your Moodle version?

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by zsolt im -

Hi,

I use 1.6.1

Zsolt

In reply to zsolt im

by Teemu Sumi -
I have tested this with many different operating systems and PHP versions. It should work with Moodle 1.5.X and 1.6.X. What is your system like?

Teemu 
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by zsolt im -

I use th latest Xampp (php4, sql5) on winxpsp2.

In reply to zsolt im

by Teemu Sumi -
That system is not tested. I'll try that.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by zsolt im -

Hi Teemu,

pls inform me if you find any possibility to correct this problem,

best regards

Zsolt

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Hi,

Can I download the latest version of this module without using CVS?
Tortoise is giving me a headache...
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

by Teemu Sumi -
I will send it to you by email

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Graeme Forrester -
Can you also send one to me please?
In reply to Graeme Forrester

by Teemu Sumi -
Please send your email

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by marco farfan -

Teemu, I’m very interested about your form module. I would like to use it for collecting data from students. And I will be very grateful if you can send me also this form module. My mail is m.a.farfan@gmail.com
thanks in advance

Marco
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Diane Yeager -
I hate to ask....but can I also receive a copy.....I have not been able to figure out CVS.....Thank you
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Ania Polanska -
This module is a very good idea but can I use it with postgress database?
Ania
In reply to Ania Polanska

by Teemu Sumi -
It's not difficult to make it work with PostgreSQL but I can't do it because I don't have any PostgreSQL test server.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Teemu. I´m very interesting to install your form module. However, I´m not an expert to download your module from CVS site. Is there a zip version available to download it?

TIA

Mónico
In reply to Monico Briseño

by Diane Yeager -
Can this be used in 1.7
In reply to Diane Yeager

by Teemu Sumi -
The current version is for 1.6. 1.7 version needs some work.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by John walker -
hi... may i know what the changes require for it work in 1.7?
In reply to Monico Briseño

by Teemu Sumi -
Please read the instructions:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:CVS_for_developers#CVS_on_Windows

It's not difficult to use TortoiseCVS.

If you don't have SourceForge account, use this command:

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by marco farfan -

Teemu, I’m very interested about your form module. I would like to use it for collecting data from students. And I will be very grateful if you can send me also this form module. My mail is m.a.farfan@gmail.com
thanks in advance

Marco
In reply to marco farfan

by Joshua De la Vega -
Hi, this looks like a post that died some time ago, but just thought I would try and find out what happened with the development of this form module. Has it been upgraded? I would be very interested in finding out more about it. I was able to get my hands on an old copy but did not work for Moodle 1.9 which is the current version I'm working with.

I'd be glad to hear from someone as having custom forms as an activity is a requirement for our Moodle installation.

Thanks.
In reply to Joshua De la Vega

by Fabián Vitabar -
Hi Josh, I'm interested in that form module too, but I'm still looking for information. If you know something more, please tell me.

Thanks

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Chad Bergeron -
Wow. If I could find an updated version of this, it might be perfect for my needs. I need something where students can fill out a form every week, instructors can add comments to it, and then the results over time can be compared. Quizzes don't do it right. Feedbacks don't do it right. Databases don't do it right. Journals/Online Text don't do it right.