Lock grades & overrides

Lock grades & overrides

by T K -
Number of replies: 3

We are using Moodle 3.5

We are trying to assess the assignment submission & grading flow on Moodle. We can lock the grades from the gradebook upon first grading. However how do we lock/disable the grade overrides? We dont want to allow any changes to the grades upon locking.

In case disabling overriding grades is not possible, I want to ask, any suggestions on how to control the use of grade overriding from the general examiners.

Thanks

In reply to T K

Lock grades & overrides

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi, I'm not sure it's possible to disable the ability to "override grades" on the Single view. In the Grader Report, I "believe" you can use permissions to not allow users to make overrides there. I recall that you can disable overriding "gradebook categories" on the Single View page (this remove the gradebook categories from appearing at all on the Single view page), or you can edit user permissions so they cannot access the Single View page at all... There also is the "Freeze Context" option in the Admin block that will "Freeze the course" entirely, including the gradebook! But, that would be more for when all users are 'done' with the course.
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Lock grades & overrides

by T K -
Thanks for your reply, I did test a custom role that has no access to the single view. It actually works to prevent the role from overriding the grades. 

By the way, Where is this Freeze Context option?