multiple options in a single multiple choice questions

multiple options in a single multiple choice questions

Nosūtīja Khaled Giasin
Atbilžu skaits: 5

Hi everyone,

There is a multiple choice question with four options to choose from, only one answer is correct. 

is it possible to do the following:

Answers from Pool A: 10 different possible answers which are all incorrect, I need to fill three of these in the three options.

Answer from Pool B: 10 different possible answers which are all correct, I need to fill one of these in the fourth option which is also the correct one.

if I do this manually I need to create so many questions. but If can do it somehow using one question which randomly calls three from Pool A and one from pool B and always making sure that the one from Pool B is the right one.

is this possible? or the only way is to do it the long way. 

Many thanks in advance 

Vidējais novērtējums: -
Atbildot uz Khaled Giasin

Re: multiple options in a single multiple choice questions

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau
Core developers attēls Particularly helpful Moodlers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls Translators attēls

Hi Khaled,

Maybe other members of this forum will find a technical solution to your problem, but I would like to question your question from a pedagogical point of view. And, as usual, I would ask you to give a concrete, real-world example of what you want to achieve. I mean a meaningful example of an MCQ question with 3 meaningful wrong answers selected from a pool of 10 and 1 meaningful correct answer selected from a pool of 10.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Atbildot uz Joseph Rézeau

Nosūtīja Khaled Giasin
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback, here is an example of what I want to do:
Pool A: Australia, Canada, Brazil, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Argentina, Japan, Taiwan.
Pool B: Denmark, Spain, Greece, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland.

Questions: Which of the following countries is not in Europe? a) is the correct answer.
a) randomly chosen country from Pool A
b) randomly chosen country from Pool B
c) randomly chosen country from Pool B
d) randomly chosen country from Pool B

I hope this example shows what I am trying to do.
Atbildot uz Khaled Giasin

Nosūtīja Joseph Rézeau
Core developers attēls Particularly helpful Moodlers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls Translators attēls
Thanks for your prompt reply, Khaled. Now I see clearly what you want to do. Maybe a different question type could do that. Just in case, I suggest using the Gapfill (contributed) question type. I've attached a small example screenshot. See the docs at https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Gapfill_question_type#Tables_with_category_columns.
Hope that helps.
PS.- You had Denmark twice in your Pool B, I replaced it with "the UK".
Atbildot uz Joseph Rézeau

Nosūtīja Khaled Giasin
Hi Joseph,

thanks for showing me this is helpful, but is it possible to do it multiple choice style instead.

Best Regards