Submission comments notifications?

Submission comments notifications?

بواسطة - Javier Tejera
عدد الردود: 2

Hello,

When teachers add submission comments, students are not notified. I have enabled all assignment activity notifications (offline, online, web, mobile), but not working. I am not sure if only feedback comments trigger notifications to students? 

We can easily send these submission comments via messaging, but it is becoming a bit messy. It would be great to have a sort of "conversation" in the assignment activity instead, but notifications should work to avoid missing information.

Thanks

متوسط التقييمات: -
رداً على Javier Tejera

Re: Submission comments notifications?

بواسطة - Ken Task
صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers

In scheduled cron jobs do you have:

\mod_assign\task\cron_task

set to run ASAP (the default)?

What happens if you run that via command line:

cd /path/to/code/admin/tool/task/cli

php schedule_task.php --execute="\mod_assign\task\cron_task"

Anything in adhoc_task?

As long as you are in that directory, also execute:

php adhoc_task.php -e

'SoS', Ken

رداً على Ken Task

Re: Submission comments notifications?

بواسطة - Javier Tejera

So I have done that, and I get Ran 0 adhoc task found.

Cron is properly configured. I have no issues with notifications. It is just that the submission comments of the assignment activity are not notified (the feedback comments work fine). I believe is because Moodle does not trigger submission comments notifications, so just wondering if I can "activate" them without touching the code (something like Site administration > Messaging... etc), but it seems it is not possible (perhaps this deserves a Moodle Tracker?).

Everything comes to the context. I have students that need to submit assignments, but they can submit just one or ten (or one hundred) assignments. Some of them prefer one big assignment, whereas others like several but small - and that's totally up to them.

So we need to "mark" them individually, so as a workaround we have set up Maximum Attempts = Unlimited and we use submission comments for the feedback of each attempt. It would be great if they receive a notification every time there is a new submission comment from the teacher.

(another thing we can do is create individual assignments, but this will be super messy and confusing).