Custom grades for Quiz

Custom grades for Quiz

by Mar Auder -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I want to create a quiz and then set up custom grades for certain amount of points. I did some research and couldn't find the solution anywhere, so I'd be happy to get some help.

The quiz has 25 questions, each question brings 1 point. And the scoring/grading should be like this:

Number of points: 15-16 grade 6

17-18          7

19-20          8

21-22          9

23-25         10

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mar Auder

Zadeva: Custom grades for Quiz

by Mar Auder -
No thoughts on this?
In reply to Mar Auder

Re: Zadeva: Custom grades for Quiz

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You should be able to set this up in Moodle's grade book as a "calculation." This could take you a little effort, and quite honestly, I don't see the gain. 17/25, for example, is about 70 percent. Shown to no decimal places, it naturally becomes 70 out of 100.
In reply to Rick Jerz

Zadeva: Re: Zadeva: Custom grades for Quiz

by Mar Auder -
Thanks! The goal is to have the grades seen as grades not percantage. Would a "calculation" cover this?
In reply to Mar Auder

Re: Zadeva: Re: Zadeva: Custom grades for Quiz

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Perhaps. I am wondering how much time you have spent learning Moodle's grade book? Moodle's grade book is quite powerful. Yes, Moodle can show scores, percentages, letter grades, etc. In my attached screenshot, I show students the grade item, Percent contribution to the grade category, the actual points, the range of points, the student's score as a percent, and the letter grade. This is an example of what I have set up, but there are more features to explore.

Yes, you might need to use a calculation, too. For example, you show that you want to give students a 9 for a 21/25 score. 21/25 is only 84%, or 8 points when rounded, but you want to provide (for whatever reason) 9 points. This kind of conversion is something that you would probably have to do with a grade calculation.