Why showing hidden

Why showing hidden

by Raju Ranjan -
Number of replies: 7

In above image when user accessing course from dashboard, it showing hidden.  

Attachment Screenshot 2021-04-10 190045.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raju Ranjan

Re: Why showing hidden

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Raju,

The first suggestion I can make is to switch to the default "Boost" theme and clear your cache to see it that works.

Please supply us with additional details like your site version, theme, plugins list. The details will help with troubleshooting.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Raju Ranjan

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Go to “Site Admin > Courses > Manage courses and categories” and check the visibility of the categories that course is in.

It looks as though the navigation is “category > sub category > sub sub category > your course”, and that the category and both of the sub categories are hidden.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Raju Ranjan -

Visibility is on for all course categories for all roles.

In reply to Raju Ranjan

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Raju,

I would then do the theme switching as suggested, if not, let me know, it might need some deeper investigation.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In addition to Jon's suggestion: this comes from Site admin > Appearance > Navigation, where you probably have the setting 'Show my course categories' enabled. If you use this setting, combined with categories set to not be visible, you'd get the 'hidden' steps in breadcrumbs like in your screenshot.

If you don't want this to display, please uncheck the setting 'Show my course categories'. Then, your participants will just see a breadcrumb path like: Dashboard > My courses > [coursefullname].